- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
Carson Palmer likely done as Oakland QB
- Updated: February 6, 2013
Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer has likely taken his last snap in Oakland as the team prepares to make room on its roster and avoid salary cap trouble, reports CBS Sports NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Palmer has two years and $28 million left on his non-guaranteed contract. The Raiders are likely unwilling to pay that kind of money for a 33-year old who’s declining in production. He’s slated to make a base salary of $13 million, and would be a huge cap hit to the Raiders in any imaginable scenario.
The 2003 No. 1 overall pick threw for 4,018 yards in 2012 to go along with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 15 starts. He amassed an 85.3 quarterback rating as the Raiders struggled to a 4-12 third-place finish in the AFC West. They struggled mightily on offense throughout the season, scoring just 18.1 points per game, which was good for 26th out of 32 NFL teams n that respect.
Palmer made the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006, his best two seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. He threatened retirement in hopes that the Bengals would trade him, which they finally did prior to the 2011 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014