- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Carson Palmer likely done as Oakland QB
- Updated: February 6, 2013
Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer has likely taken his last snap in Oakland as the team prepares to make room on its roster and avoid salary cap trouble, reports CBS Sports NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Palmer has two years and $28 million left on his non-guaranteed contract. The Raiders are likely unwilling to pay that kind of money for a 33-year old who’s declining in production. He’s slated to make a base salary of $13 million, and would be a huge cap hit to the Raiders in any imaginable scenario.
The 2003 No. 1 overall pick threw for 4,018 yards in 2012 to go along with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 15 starts. He amassed an 85.3 quarterback rating as the Raiders struggled to a 4-12 third-place finish in the AFC West. They struggled mightily on offense throughout the season, scoring just 18.1 points per game, which was good for 26th out of 32 NFL teams n that respect.
Palmer made the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006, his best two seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. He threatened retirement in hopes that the Bengals would trade him, which they finally did prior to the 2011 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015