- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Carson Palmer likely done as Oakland QB
- Updated: February 6, 2013
Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer has likely taken his last snap in Oakland as the team prepares to make room on its roster and avoid salary cap trouble, reports CBS Sports NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Palmer has two years and $28 million left on his non-guaranteed contract. The Raiders are likely unwilling to pay that kind of money for a 33-year old who’s declining in production. He’s slated to make a base salary of $13 million, and would be a huge cap hit to the Raiders in any imaginable scenario.
The 2003 No. 1 overall pick threw for 4,018 yards in 2012 to go along with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 15 starts. He amassed an 85.3 quarterback rating as the Raiders struggled to a 4-12 third-place finish in the AFC West. They struggled mightily on offense throughout the season, scoring just 18.1 points per game, which was good for 26th out of 32 NFL teams n that respect.
Palmer made the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006, his best two seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. He threatened retirement in hopes that the Bengals would trade him, which they finally did prior to the 2011 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014