- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
Carson Palmer likely done as Oakland QB
- Updated: February 6, 2013
Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer has likely taken his last snap in Oakland as the team prepares to make room on its roster and avoid salary cap trouble, reports CBS Sports NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Palmer has two years and $28 million left on his non-guaranteed contract. The Raiders are likely unwilling to pay that kind of money for a 33-year old who’s declining in production. He’s slated to make a base salary of $13 million, and would be a huge cap hit to the Raiders in any imaginable scenario.
The 2003 No. 1 overall pick threw for 4,018 yards in 2012 to go along with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 15 starts. He amassed an 85.3 quarterback rating as the Raiders struggled to a 4-12 third-place finish in the AFC West. They struggled mightily on offense throughout the season, scoring just 18.1 points per game, which was good for 26th out of 32 NFL teams n that respect.
Palmer made the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006, his best two seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. He threatened retirement in hopes that the Bengals would trade him, which they finally did prior to the 2011 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014