- Stephen Curry captures magic of Warriors’ Oracle Arena
- 49ers Week 15 primer: Can San Francisco carry their momentum to Tampa Bay?
- Seahawks vs. Giants preview: Seattle looks to rebound on the East Coast
- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
Carson Palmer likely done as Oakland QB
- Updated: February 6, 2013
Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer has likely taken his last snap in Oakland as the team prepares to make room on its roster and avoid salary cap trouble, reports CBS Sports NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Palmer has two years and $28 million left on his non-guaranteed contract. The Raiders are likely unwilling to pay that kind of money for a 33-year old who’s declining in production. He’s slated to make a base salary of $13 million, and would be a huge cap hit to the Raiders in any imaginable scenario.
The 2003 No. 1 overall pick threw for 4,018 yards in 2012 to go along with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 15 starts. He amassed an 85.3 quarterback rating as the Raiders struggled to a 4-12 third-place finish in the AFC West. They struggled mightily on offense throughout the season, scoring just 18.1 points per game, which was good for 26th out of 32 NFL teams n that respect.
Palmer made the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006, his best two seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. He threatened retirement in hopes that the Bengals would trade him, which they finally did prior to the 2011 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates - December 11, 2013
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A. - December 11, 2013
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013