- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Dennis Allen’s greatest Raiders moments
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
Michael Crabtree won’t be charged in sexual assault case
- Updated: January 26, 2013
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree won’t be charged with sexual assault after an investigation by the San Francisco Police Department concluded on Friday, according to CSN Bay Area.
Crabtree was involved in an alleged altercation with three women at a San Francisco hotel, one of the women accused the fourth-year wideout of assault. Since the investigation opened, Crabtree vowed to cooperate fully with authorities and answered questions before traveling to Atlanta to face the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship game. San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon released the following statement:
“The San Francisco Police Department – Special Victims Unit completed and submitted a thorough investigation of the allegations against Michael Crabtree. Following a review of all the evidence, my office has determined that no charges will be filed against Michael Crabtree at this time.”
The incident in question occurred on Jan. 12 following the 49ers’ divisional playoff win against the Green Bay Packers. In that game, Crabtree was an integral part of the gameplan, catching nine passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns en route to a 45-31 San Francisco win.
The 49ers will play in Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3 vs. the Baltimore Ravens.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014