- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Michael Crabtree won’t be charged in sexual assault case
- Updated: January 26, 2013
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree won’t be charged with sexual assault after an investigation by the San Francisco Police Department concluded on Friday, according to CSN Bay Area.
Crabtree was involved in an alleged altercation with three women at a San Francisco hotel, one of the women accused the fourth-year wideout of assault. Since the investigation opened, Crabtree vowed to cooperate fully with authorities and answered questions before traveling to Atlanta to face the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship game. San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon released the following statement:
“The San Francisco Police Department – Special Victims Unit completed and submitted a thorough investigation of the allegations against Michael Crabtree. Following a review of all the evidence, my office has determined that no charges will be filed against Michael Crabtree at this time.”
The incident in question occurred on Jan. 12 following the 49ers’ divisional playoff win against the Green Bay Packers. In that game, Crabtree was an integral part of the gameplan, catching nine passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns en route to a 45-31 San Francisco win.
The 49ers will play in Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3 vs. the Baltimore Ravens.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014