- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Michael Crabtree won’t be charged in sexual assault case
- Updated: January 26, 2013
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree won’t be charged with sexual assault after an investigation by the San Francisco Police Department concluded on Friday, according to CSN Bay Area.
Crabtree was involved in an alleged altercation with three women at a San Francisco hotel, one of the women accused the fourth-year wideout of assault. Since the investigation opened, Crabtree vowed to cooperate fully with authorities and answered questions before traveling to Atlanta to face the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship game. San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon released the following statement:
“The San Francisco Police Department – Special Victims Unit completed and submitted a thorough investigation of the allegations against Michael Crabtree. Following a review of all the evidence, my office has determined that no charges will be filed against Michael Crabtree at this time.”
The incident in question occurred on Jan. 12 following the 49ers’ divisional playoff win against the Green Bay Packers. In that game, Crabtree was an integral part of the gameplan, catching nine passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns en route to a 45-31 San Francisco win.
The 49ers will play in Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3 vs. the Baltimore Ravens.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015