- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Michael Crabtree won’t be charged in sexual assault case
- Updated: January 26, 2013
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree won’t be charged with sexual assault after an investigation by the San Francisco Police Department concluded on Friday, according to CSN Bay Area.
Crabtree was involved in an alleged altercation with three women at a San Francisco hotel, one of the women accused the fourth-year wideout of assault. Since the investigation opened, Crabtree vowed to cooperate fully with authorities and answered questions before traveling to Atlanta to face the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship game. San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon released the following statement:
“The San Francisco Police Department – Special Victims Unit completed and submitted a thorough investigation of the allegations against Michael Crabtree. Following a review of all the evidence, my office has determined that no charges will be filed against Michael Crabtree at this time.”
The incident in question occurred on Jan. 12 following the 49ers’ divisional playoff win against the Green Bay Packers. In that game, Crabtree was an integral part of the gameplan, catching nine passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns en route to a 45-31 San Francisco win.
The 49ers will play in Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3 vs. the Baltimore Ravens.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014