- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Michael Crabtree won’t be charged in sexual assault case
- Updated: January 26, 2013
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree won’t be charged with sexual assault after an investigation by the San Francisco Police Department concluded on Friday, according to CSN Bay Area.
Crabtree was involved in an alleged altercation with three women at a San Francisco hotel, one of the women accused the fourth-year wideout of assault. Since the investigation opened, Crabtree vowed to cooperate fully with authorities and answered questions before traveling to Atlanta to face the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship game. San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon released the following statement:
“The San Francisco Police Department – Special Victims Unit completed and submitted a thorough investigation of the allegations against Michael Crabtree. Following a review of all the evidence, my office has determined that no charges will be filed against Michael Crabtree at this time.”
The incident in question occurred on Jan. 12 following the 49ers’ divisional playoff win against the Green Bay Packers. In that game, Crabtree was an integral part of the gameplan, catching nine passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns en route to a 45-31 San Francisco win.
The 49ers will play in Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3 vs. the Baltimore Ravens.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015