- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Sacramento Kings to Seattle?: David Stern says no agreement filed
- Updated: January 17, 2013
NBA Commissioner David Stern has not seen any formal sales and purchase agreement filed to the league on behalf of Sacramento or Seattle, according to Ryan Lillis of the Sacramento Bee.
Before any potential sale of the Sacramento Kings to a Seattle-based group could take place, the involved parties would have to first get approval from the league. The fact that no such paperwork has been filed indicates that a deal may not be as imminent as some reports are indicating.
The Kings’ owners, Joe and Gavin Maloof are poised to sell the team amidst financial troubles stemming from debts owed to both the league and their own failed business ventures, the Palms hotel and casino in Las Vegas being the most notable. The city of Sacramento has restlessly tried to keep its only professional sports team in town as the Maloofs have continually toyed with the idea of selling the franchise.
The Maloofs became minority owners of the Kings in 1998 and majority owners the next season. Beginning in the lockout-shortened 1998-99 season, the Kings made eight straight playoff appearances, going as far as the Western Conference finals in 2001-02 before losing to the Los Angeles Lakers in seven games.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015
- Video: Jonny Gomes pitches hilarious ninth inning vs. Yankees - September 1, 2015
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report - September 1, 2015