- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
- Sacramento Kings show resilience in 97-95 loss to Oklahoma City Thunder
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash return to practice
- Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets
- Vernon Davis on groin tackle: ‘The most painful thing ever’
- NFC West Week 13 Roundup: Seahawks Clinch a playoff spot, 49ers stay in contention
Los Angeles Angels avoid arbitration with RHP Jerome Williams
- Updated: January 17, 2013
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim avoided arbitration with pitcher Jerome Williams on Tuesday, as reported by Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.
It is reported that the agreed deal is worth $2 million for the 2013 season.
The right-hander, 31, will join an already strong Angels’ bullpen that includes Scott Downs, last year’s closer Ernesto Frieri, and newly acquired Ryan Madson. With Williams’ addition, the Angels guaranteed themselves another season where the bullpen is a plus — an Angels’ trend.
Last season, Williams compiled a 6-8 record with a 4.58 ERA in 32 games (15 starts). He had 98 Ks and 35 BBs in 137 2/3 innings in his long relief and spot-start role. For the 2013 season, Williams is expected to reprise his role as spot-starter, in case of injury, and long reliever for the Angels.
Los Angeles finished the 2012 season with an 89-73 record, narrowly missing a postseason bid while finishing in third place in the AL West. Angels’ hurlers ranked seventh in the American League in ERA with a 4.02 mark.
Latest posts by Timothy Lee (see all)
- Los Angeles Clippers’ bench need to step up in place of J.J. Redick - December 4, 2013
- Los Angeles Clippers: The importance of being Chris Paul - November 20, 2013
- DeAndre Jordan and J.J. Redick key to Clippers’ improvement - November 10, 2013