- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Los Angeles Angels avoid arbitration with RHP Jerome Williams
- Updated: January 17, 2013
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim avoided arbitration with pitcher Jerome Williams on Tuesday, as reported by Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.
It is reported that the agreed deal is worth $2 million for the 2013 season.
The right-hander, 31, will join an already strong Angels’ bullpen that includes Scott Downs, last year’s closer Ernesto Frieri, and newly acquired Ryan Madson. With Williams’ addition, the Angels guaranteed themselves another season where the bullpen is a plus — an Angels’ trend.
Last season, Williams compiled a 6-8 record with a 4.58 ERA in 32 games (15 starts). He had 98 Ks and 35 BBs in 137 2/3 innings in his long relief and spot-start role. For the 2013 season, Williams is expected to reprise his role as spot-starter, in case of injury, and long reliever for the Angels.
Los Angeles finished the 2012 season with an 89-73 record, narrowly missing a postseason bid while finishing in third place in the AL West. Angels’ hurlers ranked seventh in the American League in ERA with a 4.02 mark.
Latest posts by Timothy Lee (see all)
- Troubles continue for the Golden State Warriors - April 16, 2014
- Portland Trail Blazers’ next road block looms in NBA playoffs - April 9, 2014
- NBA’s biggest losers: New Orleans Pelicans - March 26, 2014