- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Los Angeles Angels avoid arbitration with RHP Jerome Williams
- Updated: January 17, 2013
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim avoided arbitration with pitcher Jerome Williams on Tuesday, as reported by Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.
It is reported that the agreed deal is worth $2 million for the 2013 season.
The right-hander, 31, will join an already strong Angels’ bullpen that includes Scott Downs, last year’s closer Ernesto Frieri, and newly acquired Ryan Madson. With Williams’ addition, the Angels guaranteed themselves another season where the bullpen is a plus — an Angels’ trend.
Last season, Williams compiled a 6-8 record with a 4.58 ERA in 32 games (15 starts). He had 98 Ks and 35 BBs in 137 2/3 innings in his long relief and spot-start role. For the 2013 season, Williams is expected to reprise his role as spot-starter, in case of injury, and long reliever for the Angels.
Los Angeles finished the 2012 season with an 89-73 record, narrowly missing a postseason bid while finishing in third place in the AL West. Angels’ hurlers ranked seventh in the American League in ERA with a 4.02 mark.
Latest posts by Timothy Lee (see all)
- DeAndre Jordan and the Los Angeles Clippers Select the Losing Play - July 8, 2015
- DeAndre Jordan, bench play among Clippers’ highest offseason priorities - June 3, 2015
- The Clippers fall and the rest of the NBA Playoffs - May 21, 2015