- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
Chip Kelly leaves Oregon for Philadelphia
- Updated: January 17, 2013
Chip Kelly has decided that he is ready for the NFL. After appearing to have turned down offers from the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles early this week, Kelly had a change of heart and decided to make his home in Philadelphia.
If he thought the Oregon fans were passionate about their team, he’s about to be blown away by Eagles fans. When Kelly arrived in Philadelphia he was met by general manager Howie Roseman and president Don Smolenski on the runway, and they were accompanied by a police escort as well as Eagles fans decked out in their green gear.
The Eagles interviewed at least 11 candidates, but it is believed Kelly was their first choice. It was certainly a long process for the Eagles organization, but it appears they got their guy. Talks between the parties re-emerged and a deal was reached on Wednesday.
Owner Jeffrey Lurie commented that Kelly will be a great head coach for the Eagle organization and will bring a fresh and energetic approach to the team. He is an excellent football mind and great communicator.
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and Los Angeles area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- Angels postseason: 5 keys for the Halos to win the ALDS - September 29, 2014
- 5 reasons why the Angels are on the fast-track to a World Series title - September 6, 2014
- Do the Angels have enough pitching to win the AL West? - August 13, 2014