- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Chip Kelly leaves Oregon for Philadelphia
- Updated: January 17, 2013
Chip Kelly has decided that he is ready for the NFL. After appearing to have turned down offers from the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles early this week, Kelly had a change of heart and decided to make his home in Philadelphia.
If he thought the Oregon fans were passionate about their team, he’s about to be blown away by Eagles fans. When Kelly arrived in Philadelphia he was met by general manager Howie Roseman and president Don Smolenski on the runway, and they were accompanied by a police escort as well as Eagles fans decked out in their green gear.
The Eagles interviewed at least 11 candidates, but it is believed Kelly was their first choice. It was certainly a long process for the Eagles organization, but it appears they got their guy. Talks between the parties re-emerged and a deal was reached on Wednesday.
Owner Jeffrey Lurie commented that Kelly will be a great head coach for the Eagle organization and will bring a fresh and energetic approach to the team. He is an excellent football mind and great communicator.
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and Los Angeles area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- ALDS 2014: What went wrong in the Angels’ 0-3 debacle? - October 12, 2014
- Angels top-3 threats to derailing World Series aspirations - October 5, 2014
- Angels postseason: 5 keys for the Halos to win the ALDS - September 29, 2014