- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Stephen Curry injury update: Warriors PG game-time decision vs. Heat
- Updated: January 16, 2013
Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry is a game-time decision in Wednesday night’s game versus the Miami Heat after aggravating his right ankle this morning during shootaround.
First reported by ESPN and later confirmed by the team to CSNBayArea.com, Curry also missed practice on Tuesday after hyperextending his right knee on Sunday night in a 116-105 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
Curry’s right ankle has long been a problem for the All-Star candidate. Since entering the NBA, he has had two recent surgeries on it: one in May of 2011 and one in April of 2012. Despite missing the Warriors’ final 28 games last season, he has managed to stay healthy this season and has played in each of the team’s first 36 games.
If Curry is out against the Heat, his absence will be a huge blow to a Warriors squad looking to sweep the season series against Miami. He currently leads the team with 20.5 points and 6.6 assists per game.
Austin Chang is a Writer for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013