- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
MLB free agency 2013: Padres not pursuing RHP Shaun Marcum
- Updated: January 16, 2013
The San Diego Padres have no interest in acquiring free agent right-hander Shaun Marcum, who last played with the Milwaukee Brewers, Corey Brock of MLB.com reports.
Fox Sports reported that Friars were in line to make a move for the hurler, but the latest report disputes that information.
San Diego general manager Josh Byrnes indicated earlier in the offseason that the team was set with its current crop of starting pitchers and that any potential move would be an upgrade. Marcum was part of the 2011 Milwaukee Brewers team that lost to the St. Louis Cardinals in six games.
The 31-year-old pitched 124 innings in 2012, going 7-4 with a 3.70 ERA after a shoulder injury sidelined him for much of the season. From 2010-2011, he averaged 198 innings per season and notched a 3.59 ERA. He’s expected to command a salary somewhere in the range of $7-$9 million and could be a valuable asset as a mid-range starter.
Joe Saunders, a left-hander rumored to be on the Padres’ radar is also not in the team’s plans and has not been all winter long.
For more follow @SportsWestCoast on Twitter.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014