- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
MLB free agency 2013: Padres not pursuing RHP Shaun Marcum
- Updated: January 16, 2013
The San Diego Padres have no interest in acquiring free agent right-hander Shaun Marcum, who last played with the Milwaukee Brewers, Corey Brock of MLB.com reports.
Fox Sports reported that Friars were in line to make a move for the hurler, but the latest report disputes that information.
San Diego general manager Josh Byrnes indicated earlier in the offseason that the team was set with its current crop of starting pitchers and that any potential move would be an upgrade. Marcum was part of the 2011 Milwaukee Brewers team that lost to the St. Louis Cardinals in six games.
The 31-year-old pitched 124 innings in 2012, going 7-4 with a 3.70 ERA after a shoulder injury sidelined him for much of the season. From 2010-2011, he averaged 198 innings per season and notched a 3.59 ERA. He’s expected to command a salary somewhere in the range of $7-$9 million and could be a valuable asset as a mid-range starter.
Joe Saunders, a left-hander rumored to be on the Padres’ radar is also not in the team’s plans and has not been all winter long.
For more follow @SportsWestCoast on Twitter.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014