- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
L.A. Galaxy sign Robbie Keane to contract extension; get Juninho in permanent transfer
- Updated: January 16, 2013
The Los Angeles Galaxy announced Wednesday that they have re-signed 2012 club MVP Robbie Keane to a multi-year extension and picked up Juninho from on a permanent transfer. Both players played key roles in the team’s back-to-back MLS Cup runs.
Keane led the Galaxy with 16 goals in 2012 while finishing with 25 points overall. His work during the season’s stretch run helped the Galaxy recover from a 3-8-2 start. He also scored in each of the team’s last four games in the MLS playoffs.
Juninho’s return to Los Angeles was doubtful after posting his best season with the club in 2012. Instead, Sao Paolo chose to transfer him outright to the Galaxy. The signing is welcome news for the club after David Beckham’s recent departure. The team would have had to replace both starting central midfielders if Juninho was not allowed to remain in Los Angeles. Juninho posted a career-high seven goals and four assists in 2012.
Latest posts by Derek Ciapala (see all)
- MMA: Champions prove their worth at UFC 175 - July 6, 2014
- MMA: It’s time for the UFC and FOX to cut ties with former title contender Chael Sonnen - June 29, 2014
- Three changes to expect in Scott Coker’s Bellator MMA - June 22, 2014