- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
L.A. Galaxy sign Robbie Keane to contract extension; get Juninho in permanent transfer
- Updated: January 16, 2013
The Los Angeles Galaxy announced Wednesday that they have re-signed 2012 club MVP Robbie Keane to a multi-year extension and picked up Juninho from on a permanent transfer. Both players played key roles in the team’s back-to-back MLS Cup runs.
Keane led the Galaxy with 16 goals in 2012 while finishing with 25 points overall. His work during the season’s stretch run helped the Galaxy recover from a 3-8-2 start. He also scored in each of the team’s last four games in the MLS playoffs.
Juninho’s return to Los Angeles was doubtful after posting his best season with the club in 2012. Instead, Sao Paolo chose to transfer him outright to the Galaxy. The signing is welcome news for the club after David Beckham’s recent departure. The team would have had to replace both starting central midfielders if Juninho was not allowed to remain in Los Angeles. Juninho posted a career-high seven goals and four assists in 2012.
Latest posts by Derek Ciapala (see all)
- MMA Week in Review: Joe Warren claims undisputed Bellator bantamweight title, Jake Shields wins WSOF debut - October 12, 2014
- UFC 178: Dominic Cruz and Cat Zingano show why MMA is more than a combat sport - September 28, 2014
- Wanderlei Silva has no one to blame but himself for his UFC problems - September 21, 2014