- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
L.A. Galaxy sign Robbie Keane to contract extension; get Juninho in permanent transfer
- Updated: January 16, 2013
The Los Angeles Galaxy announced Wednesday that they have re-signed 2012 club MVP Robbie Keane to a multi-year extension and picked up Juninho from on a permanent transfer. Both players played key roles in the team’s back-to-back MLS Cup runs.
Keane led the Galaxy with 16 goals in 2012 while finishing with 25 points overall. His work during the season’s stretch run helped the Galaxy recover from a 3-8-2 start. He also scored in each of the team’s last four games in the MLS playoffs.
Juninho’s return to Los Angeles was doubtful after posting his best season with the club in 2012. Instead, Sao Paolo chose to transfer him outright to the Galaxy. The signing is welcome news for the club after David Beckham’s recent departure. The team would have had to replace both starting central midfielders if Juninho was not allowed to remain in Los Angeles. Juninho posted a career-high seven goals and four assists in 2012.
Latest posts by Derek Ciapala (see all)
- MMA: Lawsuit against the UFC likely a lost cause - December 18, 2014
- UFC on FOX 13: Junior Dos Santos outlasts Stipe Miocic in heavyweight thriller to shake up title picture - December 14, 2014
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win - December 7, 2014