- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
L.A. Galaxy sign Robbie Keane to contract extension; get Juninho in permanent transfer
- Updated: January 16, 2013
The Los Angeles Galaxy announced Wednesday that they have re-signed 2012 club MVP Robbie Keane to a multi-year extension and picked up Juninho from on a permanent transfer. Both players played key roles in the team’s back-to-back MLS Cup runs.
Keane led the Galaxy with 16 goals in 2012 while finishing with 25 points overall. His work during the season’s stretch run helped the Galaxy recover from a 3-8-2 start. He also scored in each of the team’s last four games in the MLS playoffs.
Juninho’s return to Los Angeles was doubtful after posting his best season with the club in 2012. Instead, Sao Paolo chose to transfer him outright to the Galaxy. The signing is welcome news for the club after David Beckham’s recent departure. The team would have had to replace both starting central midfielders if Juninho was not allowed to remain in Los Angeles. Juninho posted a career-high seven goals and four assists in 2012.
Latest posts by Derek Ciapala (see all)
- NFL: Seattle Seahawks sign Pete Carroll to extension - April 4, 2014
- Vladimir Guerrero changed everything for the Los Angeles Angels - April 1, 2014
- Bellator 114: Alexander Shlemenko defends middleweight title - March 29, 2014