- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice
- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
L.A. Galaxy sign Robbie Keane to contract extension; get Juninho in permanent transfer
- Updated: January 16, 2013
The Los Angeles Galaxy announced Wednesday that they have re-signed 2012 club MVP Robbie Keane to a multi-year extension and picked up Juninho from on a permanent transfer. Both players played key roles in the team’s back-to-back MLS Cup runs.
Keane led the Galaxy with 16 goals in 2012 while finishing with 25 points overall. His work during the season’s stretch run helped the Galaxy recover from a 3-8-2 start. He also scored in each of the team’s last four games in the MLS playoffs.
Juninho’s return to Los Angeles was doubtful after posting his best season with the club in 2012. Instead, Sao Paolo chose to transfer him outright to the Galaxy. The signing is welcome news for the club after David Beckham’s recent departure. The team would have had to replace both starting central midfielders if Juninho was not allowed to remain in Los Angeles. Juninho posted a career-high seven goals and four assists in 2012.
Latest posts by Derek Ciapala (see all)
- Wanderlei Silva has no one to blame but himself for his UFC problems - September 21, 2014
- UFC Fight Night 51: Andrei Arlovski’s victory over Antonio Silva is not an upset - September 14, 2014
- MMA: Champions prove their worth at UFC 175 - July 6, 2014