- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Padres rumors: San Diego interested in RHP Shaun Marcum
- Updated: January 15, 2013
The San Diego Padres are among several teams who have shown interest in acquiring former Milwaukee Brewers and current free agent right-hander Shaun Marcum.
In addition to the Friars, Fox Sports baseball writer Jon Morosi reports that the Texas Rangers and Pittsburgh Pirates are also taking a look at Marcum, who the Brewers acquired in 2010. The 31-year-old has a career 57-36 record and a 3.76 ERA in 916.2 innings pitched.
San Diego has plenty of depth in their starting rotation and would likely be looking to upgrade its starting rotation rather than add depth to the unit the Friars head to spring training.
Earlier this month, general manager Josh Byrnes told MLB.com that the Padres were likely satisfied with their current rotation and would more than likely look toward a higher-caliber player than simply adding an arm for the sake of doing so. Marcum started 21 games in 2012 and went 7-4 with a 3.70 ERA in 124 innings pitched.
Marcum was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the third round of the 2003 amateur draft.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015