- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
NHL training camp 2013: Ducks C Nick Bonino skating on 2nd line
- Updated: January 15, 2013
The Ducks Center Nick Bonino is skating on the second line just after the first workout. The potential change allows Bonino to skate with the likes of Bobby Ryan and Teemu Selanne.
The move appears to have shifted Saku Koivu to a potential third line with newcomer Dan Winnik and Andrew Cogliano.
Bonino made his debut on March 26, 2010 at Edmonton for the Ducks. In the 2011-12 season, Bonino received the most playing time he has had in his NHL career by playing in 50 games. He was called up to the Ducks on December 16 from the AHL Syracuse and was able to score five goals and 18 points in those 50 games.
Bonino showed incredible skill on Anaheim’s side of the ice by racking up 39 blocked shots; which was fourth among the teams forwards and he was eighth on the team with 28 takeaways.
Robert W. Ekberg is staff writer for SportsOutWest and Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- ALDS 2014: What went wrong in the Angels’ 0-3 debacle? - October 12, 2014
- Angels top-3 threats to derailing World Series aspirations - October 5, 2014
- Angels postseason: 5 keys for the Halos to win the ALDS - September 29, 2014