- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
NHL training camp 2013: Ducks C Nick Bonino skating on 2nd line
- Updated: January 15, 2013
The Ducks Center Nick Bonino is skating on the second line just after the first workout. The potential change allows Bonino to skate with the likes of Bobby Ryan and Teemu Selanne.
The move appears to have shifted Saku Koivu to a potential third line with newcomer Dan Winnik and Andrew Cogliano.
Bonino made his debut on March 26, 2010 at Edmonton for the Ducks. In the 2011-12 season, Bonino received the most playing time he has had in his NHL career by playing in 50 games. He was called up to the Ducks on December 16 from the AHL Syracuse and was able to score five goals and 18 points in those 50 games.
Bonino showed incredible skill on Anaheim’s side of the ice by racking up 39 blocked shots; which was fourth among the teams forwards and he was eighth on the team with 28 takeaways.
Robert W. Ekberg is staff writer for SportsOutWest and Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- Los Angeles Angels: 3 players who must break out in 2014 - April 20, 2014
- Josh Hamilton injury: 3 ways the Angels can overcome the loss of star OF - April 16, 2014
- Los Angeles Angels: 5 most troubling aspects of 2014 season - April 9, 2014