- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
NHL training camp 2013: Ducks C Nick Bonino skating on 2nd line
- Updated: January 15, 2013
The Ducks Center Nick Bonino is skating on the second line just after the first workout. The potential change allows Bonino to skate with the likes of Bobby Ryan and Teemu Selanne.
The move appears to have shifted Saku Koivu to a potential third line with newcomer Dan Winnik and Andrew Cogliano.
Bonino made his debut on March 26, 2010 at Edmonton for the Ducks. In the 2011-12 season, Bonino received the most playing time he has had in his NHL career by playing in 50 games. He was called up to the Ducks on December 16 from the AHL Syracuse and was able to score five goals and 18 points in those 50 games.
Bonino showed incredible skill on Anaheim’s side of the ice by racking up 39 blocked shots; which was fourth among the teams forwards and he was eighth on the team with 28 takeaways.
Robert W. Ekberg is staff writer for SportsOutWest and Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- Should Angels fans expect a deep postseason run into 2014? - July 12, 2014
- 1 player the Angels should target via trade - June 25, 2014
- MLB Draft 2014: Angels 3 best and worst picks - June 22, 2014