- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
World Baseball Classic 2013: Albert Pujols to represent the Dominican Republic
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Los Angeles Angels superstar Albert Pujols is planning to play in the World Baseball Classic and represent the Dominican Republic. If his surgically repaired knee is healthy, Pujols will play for his home country.
In October, Pujols had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. According to the Angels it was a minor cleanup procedure.
Pujols’ agent Dan Lazano recently stated to MLB.com that Pujols is feeling good thus far in his recovery. Lazano was asked by the website whether Pujols would play in the WBC and he stated that his client would.
In Pujols’ debut season with the Angels, he batted .285 with 30 home runs and 105 RBIs. Last season’s totals were well below Pujols’ career averages of .325, 40 home runs and 120 RBI.
Since this has been reported on MLB.com, fans and those close to the Angels are questioning if this is the right move by the first baseman.
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- ALDS 2014: What went wrong in the Angels’ 0-3 debacle? - October 12, 2014
- Angels top-3 threats to derailing World Series aspirations - October 5, 2014
- Angels postseason: 5 keys for the Halos to win the ALDS - September 29, 2014