- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
World Baseball Classic 2013: Angels OF Mike Trout says he won’t play
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Los Angeles Angels outfielder and American League Rookie of the Year Mike Trout informed the tournament committee that he would not be playing in this year’s event, according to Halos’ beat writer Mike DiGiovanna.
Trout informed officials prior to being invited to join Team USA communicating through his agent, who cited the fact that his client was going to take advantage of his first major league offseason to prepare to build on his phenomenal rookie campaign.
Trout was sensational in 2012, batting .326 with 30 home runs, 27 doubles, 8 triples, 49 stolen bases and 129 runs scored en route to finishing second in the AL MVP voting to Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers.
Despite the Angels finishing in disappointing fashion and missing the playoffs, Trout was instrumental in a resurgence that saw the Halos have a shot at making the postseason before falling just games short in the end.
Spring training for the 2013 season begins on Saturday, Feb. 23 for the Angels when they will take on the Chicago Cubs at Tempe Diablo Stadium.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015