- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
- Jets vs. Chargers: Bolts’ run defense has tough test Sunday
- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
World Baseball Classic 2013: Angels OF Mike Trout says he won’t play
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Los Angeles Angels outfielder and American League Rookie of the Year Mike Trout informed the tournament committee that he would not be playing in this year’s event, according to Halos’ beat writer Mike DiGiovanna.
Trout informed officials prior to being invited to join Team USA communicating through his agent, who cited the fact that his client was going to take advantage of his first major league offseason to prepare to build on his phenomenal rookie campaign.
Trout was sensational in 2012, batting .326 with 30 home runs, 27 doubles, 8 triples, 49 stolen bases and 129 runs scored en route to finishing second in the AL MVP voting to Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers.
Despite the Angels finishing in disappointing fashion and missing the playoffs, Trout was instrumental in a resurgence that saw the Halos have a shot at making the postseason before falling just games short in the end.
Spring training for the 2013 season begins on Saturday, Feb. 23 for the Angels when they will take on the Chicago Cubs at Tempe Diablo Stadium.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014