- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ F-C will miss 5th consecutive game vs. Bucks
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Pau Gasol had yet to pass concussion tests as of Monday, and will miss his fifth consecutive game as the Los Angeles Lakers prepare to face the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night, according to Ryan Ward of Examiner.com.
Gasol suffered the injury on an inadvertent elbow from Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee in the Lakers’ Jan. 6 home loss. Gasol had a bloody nose and was unable to return due to the concussion-like symptoms and was later diagnosed with the ailment after being examined by the team’s medical staff.
Gasol’s injury came in the middle of a season-high six-game losing streak that saw Los Angeles go through a stretch of not only poor performances on the floor, but also bad luck.
Jordan Hill suffered a season-ending hip injury in the same game vs. Denver, and Dwight Howard missed time with a torn labrum in his shoulder when he re-aggravated it while going up for a second-chance shot.
The Lakers are 16-21 and in third place in the Pacific Division. They will take on the Bucks on Tuesday night at Staples Center.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014