- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ F-C will miss 5th consecutive game vs. Bucks
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Pau Gasol had yet to pass concussion tests as of Monday, and will miss his fifth consecutive game as the Los Angeles Lakers prepare to face the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night, according to Ryan Ward of Examiner.com.
Gasol suffered the injury on an inadvertent elbow from Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee in the Lakers’ Jan. 6 home loss. Gasol had a bloody nose and was unable to return due to the concussion-like symptoms and was later diagnosed with the ailment after being examined by the team’s medical staff.
Gasol’s injury came in the middle of a season-high six-game losing streak that saw Los Angeles go through a stretch of not only poor performances on the floor, but also bad luck.
Jordan Hill suffered a season-ending hip injury in the same game vs. Denver, and Dwight Howard missed time with a torn labrum in his shoulder when he re-aggravated it while going up for a second-chance shot.
The Lakers are 16-21 and in third place in the Pacific Division. They will take on the Bucks on Tuesday night at Staples Center.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014