- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ F-C will miss 5th consecutive game vs. Bucks
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Pau Gasol had yet to pass concussion tests as of Monday, and will miss his fifth consecutive game as the Los Angeles Lakers prepare to face the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night, according to Ryan Ward of Examiner.com.
Gasol suffered the injury on an inadvertent elbow from Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee in the Lakers’ Jan. 6 home loss. Gasol had a bloody nose and was unable to return due to the concussion-like symptoms and was later diagnosed with the ailment after being examined by the team’s medical staff.
Gasol’s injury came in the middle of a season-high six-game losing streak that saw Los Angeles go through a stretch of not only poor performances on the floor, but also bad luck.
Jordan Hill suffered a season-ending hip injury in the same game vs. Denver, and Dwight Howard missed time with a torn labrum in his shoulder when he re-aggravated it while going up for a second-chance shot.
The Lakers are 16-21 and in third place in the Pacific Division. They will take on the Bucks on Tuesday night at Staples Center.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014