- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ F-C will miss 5th consecutive game vs. Bucks
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Pau Gasol had yet to pass concussion tests as of Monday, and will miss his fifth consecutive game as the Los Angeles Lakers prepare to face the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night, according to Ryan Ward of Examiner.com.
Gasol suffered the injury on an inadvertent elbow from Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee in the Lakers’ Jan. 6 home loss. Gasol had a bloody nose and was unable to return due to the concussion-like symptoms and was later diagnosed with the ailment after being examined by the team’s medical staff.
Gasol’s injury came in the middle of a season-high six-game losing streak that saw Los Angeles go through a stretch of not only poor performances on the floor, but also bad luck.
Jordan Hill suffered a season-ending hip injury in the same game vs. Denver, and Dwight Howard missed time with a torn labrum in his shoulder when he re-aggravated it while going up for a second-chance shot.
The Lakers are 16-21 and in third place in the Pacific Division. They will take on the Bucks on Tuesday night at Staples Center.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014