- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ F-C will miss 5th consecutive game vs. Bucks
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Pau Gasol had yet to pass concussion tests as of Monday, and will miss his fifth consecutive game as the Los Angeles Lakers prepare to face the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night, according to Ryan Ward of Examiner.com.
Gasol suffered the injury on an inadvertent elbow from Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee in the Lakers’ Jan. 6 home loss. Gasol had a bloody nose and was unable to return due to the concussion-like symptoms and was later diagnosed with the ailment after being examined by the team’s medical staff.
Gasol’s injury came in the middle of a season-high six-game losing streak that saw Los Angeles go through a stretch of not only poor performances on the floor, but also bad luck.
Jordan Hill suffered a season-ending hip injury in the same game vs. Denver, and Dwight Howard missed time with a torn labrum in his shoulder when he re-aggravated it while going up for a second-chance shot.
The Lakers are 16-21 and in third place in the Pacific Division. They will take on the Bucks on Tuesday night at Staples Center.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015