- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ F-C will miss 5th consecutive game vs. Bucks
- Updated: January 14, 2013
Pau Gasol had yet to pass concussion tests as of Monday, and will miss his fifth consecutive game as the Los Angeles Lakers prepare to face the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night, according to Ryan Ward of Examiner.com.
Gasol suffered the injury on an inadvertent elbow from Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee in the Lakers’ Jan. 6 home loss. Gasol had a bloody nose and was unable to return due to the concussion-like symptoms and was later diagnosed with the ailment after being examined by the team’s medical staff.
Gasol’s injury came in the middle of a season-high six-game losing streak that saw Los Angeles go through a stretch of not only poor performances on the floor, but also bad luck.
Jordan Hill suffered a season-ending hip injury in the same game vs. Denver, and Dwight Howard missed time with a torn labrum in his shoulder when he re-aggravated it while going up for a second-chance shot.
The Lakers are 16-21 and in third place in the Pacific Division. They will take on the Bucks on Tuesday night at Staples Center.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015