- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Chris Paul injury update: Clippers PG will play vs. Memphis
- Updated: January 14, 2013
The Clips’ floor general, who won Western Conference Player of the Month award in December, suffered the injury during Saturday night’s 104-101 loss to the Orlando Magic at Staples Center when he bumped knees with J.J. Redick in the fourth quarter. After writhing in pain for some time, he was able to get through the remainder of the game.
He spoke to reporters after the game and said the injury was fine, but that he was concerned immediately following the collision.
Paul has been a major part of the Clippers’ resurgence since joining the team in the 2011-12 season. This year, he’s averaged 16.8 points, 9.7 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 steals per contest. The 27-year-old has led the Clippers to a 28-9 record, good enough for second place in the Western Conference. During the Clippers’ franchise record 17-game win streak, he came up big down the stretch of several key games.
The Clippers will tipoff against the Grizzlies at 7:30 p.m. PT on Monday.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015