- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Chris Paul injury update: Clippers PG will play vs. Memphis
- Updated: January 14, 2013
The Clips’ floor general, who won Western Conference Player of the Month award in December, suffered the injury during Saturday night’s 104-101 loss to the Orlando Magic at Staples Center when he bumped knees with J.J. Redick in the fourth quarter. After writhing in pain for some time, he was able to get through the remainder of the game.
He spoke to reporters after the game and said the injury was fine, but that he was concerned immediately following the collision.
Paul has been a major part of the Clippers’ resurgence since joining the team in the 2011-12 season. This year, he’s averaged 16.8 points, 9.7 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 steals per contest. The 27-year-old has led the Clippers to a 28-9 record, good enough for second place in the Western Conference. During the Clippers’ franchise record 17-game win streak, he came up big down the stretch of several key games.
The Clippers will tipoff against the Grizzlies at 7:30 p.m. PT on Monday.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014