- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
Chris Paul injury update: Clippers PG will play vs. Memphis
- Updated: January 14, 2013
The Clips’ floor general, who won Western Conference Player of the Month award in December, suffered the injury during Saturday night’s 104-101 loss to the Orlando Magic at Staples Center when he bumped knees with J.J. Redick in the fourth quarter. After writhing in pain for some time, he was able to get through the remainder of the game.
He spoke to reporters after the game and said the injury was fine, but that he was concerned immediately following the collision.
Paul has been a major part of the Clippers’ resurgence since joining the team in the 2011-12 season. This year, he’s averaged 16.8 points, 9.7 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 steals per contest. The 27-year-old has led the Clippers to a 28-9 record, good enough for second place in the Western Conference. During the Clippers’ franchise record 17-game win streak, he came up big down the stretch of several key games.
The Clippers will tipoff against the Grizzlies at 7:30 p.m. PT on Monday.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014