- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
NHL lockout update: Kings begin title defense vs. Blackhawks
- Updated: January 13, 2013
The NHL lockout officially ended on Saturday night when the league and the players union agreed to a required memorandum of understanding (MOU) on their new labor deal, Ira Podell of the Associated Press reported.
With the lockout over, the Los Angeles Kings released their 2012-13 regular season schedule. The defending Stanley Cup champions will open up at home against the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, January 19 at 12:00 p.m. PT. The game will be televised live on NBC.
The condensed 48-game schedule features two five-game road trips and two five-game homestands in an effort to minimize travel between cities. The first of the five-game road trips will commence on Saturday, February 2, when the Kings face their cross-town rivals, the Anaheim Ducks. This season’s slate also features only inter-conference matchups, which means the Kings will travel no farther east than Columbus, Ohio, unless they reach the Stanley Cup Finals.
Latest posts by Derek Ciapala (see all)
- MMA: Champions prove their worth at UFC 175 - July 6, 2014
- MMA: It’s time for the UFC and FOX to cut ties with former title contender Chael Sonnen - June 29, 2014
- Three changes to expect in Scott Coker’s Bellator MMA - June 22, 2014