- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
NHL lockout update: Kings begin title defense vs. Blackhawks
- Updated: January 13, 2013
The NHL lockout officially ended on Saturday night when the league and the players union agreed to a required memorandum of understanding (MOU) on their new labor deal, Ira Podell of the Associated Press reported.
With the lockout over, the Los Angeles Kings released their 2012-13 regular season schedule. The defending Stanley Cup champions will open up at home against the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, January 19 at 12:00 p.m. PT. The game will be televised live on NBC.
The condensed 48-game schedule features two five-game road trips and two five-game homestands in an effort to minimize travel between cities. The first of the five-game road trips will commence on Saturday, February 2, when the Kings face their cross-town rivals, the Anaheim Ducks. This season’s slate also features only inter-conference matchups, which means the Kings will travel no farther east than Columbus, Ohio, unless they reach the Stanley Cup Finals.
Latest posts by Derek Ciapala (see all)
- MMA: Champions prove their worth at UFC 175 - July 6, 2014
- MMA: It’s time for the UFC and FOX to cut ties with former title contender Chael Sonnen - June 29, 2014
- Three changes to expect in Scott Coker’s Bellator MMA - June 22, 2014