- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
NHL lockout update: Kings begin title defense vs. Blackhawks
- Updated: January 13, 2013
The NHL lockout officially ended on Saturday night when the league and the players union agreed to a required memorandum of understanding (MOU) on their new labor deal, Ira Podell of the Associated Press reported.
With the lockout over, the Los Angeles Kings released their 2012-13 regular season schedule. The defending Stanley Cup champions will open up at home against the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, January 19 at 12:00 p.m. PT. The game will be televised live on NBC.
The condensed 48-game schedule features two five-game road trips and two five-game homestands in an effort to minimize travel between cities. The first of the five-game road trips will commence on Saturday, February 2, when the Kings face their cross-town rivals, the Anaheim Ducks. This season’s slate also features only inter-conference matchups, which means the Kings will travel no farther east than Columbus, Ohio, unless they reach the Stanley Cup Finals.
Latest posts by Derek Ciapala (see all)
- UFC Fight Night 51: Andrei Arlovski’s victory over Antonio Silva is not an upset - September 14, 2014
- MMA: Champions prove their worth at UFC 175 - July 6, 2014
- MMA: It’s time for the UFC and FOX to cut ties with former title contender Chael Sonnen - June 29, 2014