- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams
- Kobe Bryant’s return: Lakers slow start leads to 106-94 loss vs. Raptors
- Lakers: Patience is key with Kobe Bryant
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
Milton Bradley spousal abuse case: Ex-Mariners’ star faces 13 years in prison
- Updated: January 12, 2013
Former Los Angeles Dodgers, Seattle Mariners, and San Diego Padres outfielder Milton Bradley was charged today with 13 counts relating to several alleged attacks on his estranged wife and could possibly face up to 13 years in prison from what TMZ has learned.
The charges filed against Bradley by the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office are a result of five different incidents. The 13 counts breakdown as follows: four counts of spousal battery, four counts of criminal threats, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of vandalism and one count of dissuading a witness from making a report.
In August 2011, Bradley was arrested for allegedly attacking his wife Monique with a bat. He followed that up with allegedly threatening her with a knife in March 2012 by saying, “You’ll be a dead b**** before you divorce me.”
Bradley’s wife filed a domestic violence report in November 2012 with the Los Angeles Police Department. In the report she claimed that Bradley choked her with two hands, when she asked him to stop smoking marijuana in front of their kids.
Bradley and his wife have both filed for divorce. At this time Bradley’s camp has no comment.
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and is a Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- Clippers news: Pacers, Eastern Conference set to test LAC - November 30, 2013
- Should collisions at home plate be a thing of the past? - November 29, 2013
- LA Clippers news: J.J. Redick is the key ingredient - November 25, 2013