- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Milton Bradley spousal abuse case: Ex-Mariners’ star faces 13 years in prison
- Updated: January 12, 2013
Former Los Angeles Dodgers, Seattle Mariners, and San Diego Padres outfielder Milton Bradley was charged today with 13 counts relating to several alleged attacks on his estranged wife and could possibly face up to 13 years in prison from what TMZ has learned.
The charges filed against Bradley by the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office are a result of five different incidents. The 13 counts breakdown as follows: four counts of spousal battery, four counts of criminal threats, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of vandalism and one count of dissuading a witness from making a report.
In August 2011, Bradley was arrested for allegedly attacking his wife Monique with a bat. He followed that up with allegedly threatening her with a knife in March 2012 by saying, “You’ll be a dead b**** before you divorce me.”
Bradley’s wife filed a domestic violence report in November 2012 with the Los Angeles Police Department. In the report she claimed that Bradley choked her with two hands, when she asked him to stop smoking marijuana in front of their kids.
Bradley and his wife have both filed for divorce. At this time Bradley’s camp has no comment.
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and is a Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- ALDS 2014: What went wrong in the Angels’ 0-3 debacle? - October 12, 2014
- Angels top-3 threats to derailing World Series aspirations - October 5, 2014
- Angels postseason: 5 keys for the Halos to win the ALDS - September 29, 2014