- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
Milton Bradley spousal abuse case: Ex-Mariners’ star faces 13 years in prison
- Updated: January 12, 2013
Former Los Angeles Dodgers, Seattle Mariners, and San Diego Padres outfielder Milton Bradley was charged today with 13 counts relating to several alleged attacks on his estranged wife and could possibly face up to 13 years in prison from what TMZ has learned.
The charges filed against Bradley by the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office are a result of five different incidents. The 13 counts breakdown as follows: four counts of spousal battery, four counts of criminal threats, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of vandalism and one count of dissuading a witness from making a report.
In August 2011, Bradley was arrested for allegedly attacking his wife Monique with a bat. He followed that up with allegedly threatening her with a knife in March 2012 by saying, “You’ll be a dead b**** before you divorce me.”
Bradley’s wife filed a domestic violence report in November 2012 with the Los Angeles Police Department. In the report she claimed that Bradley choked her with two hands, when she asked him to stop smoking marijuana in front of their kids.
Bradley and his wife have both filed for divorce. At this time Bradley’s camp has no comment.
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and is a Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- Should Angels fans expect a deep postseason run into 2014? - July 12, 2014
- 1 player the Angels should target via trade - June 25, 2014
- MLB Draft 2014: Angels 3 best and worst picks - June 22, 2014