- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Milton Bradley spousal abuse case: Ex-Mariners’ star faces 13 years in prison
- Updated: January 12, 2013
Former Los Angeles Dodgers, Seattle Mariners, and San Diego Padres outfielder Milton Bradley was charged today with 13 counts relating to several alleged attacks on his estranged wife and could possibly face up to 13 years in prison from what TMZ has learned.
The charges filed against Bradley by the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office are a result of five different incidents. The 13 counts breakdown as follows: four counts of spousal battery, four counts of criminal threats, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of vandalism and one count of dissuading a witness from making a report.
In August 2011, Bradley was arrested for allegedly attacking his wife Monique with a bat. He followed that up with allegedly threatening her with a knife in March 2012 by saying, “You’ll be a dead b**** before you divorce me.”
Bradley’s wife filed a domestic violence report in November 2012 with the Los Angeles Police Department. In the report she claimed that Bradley choked her with two hands, when she asked him to stop smoking marijuana in front of their kids.
Bradley and his wife have both filed for divorce. At this time Bradley’s camp has no comment.
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and is a Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on Twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- ALDS 2014: What went wrong in the Angels’ 0-3 debacle? - October 12, 2014
- Angels top-3 threats to derailing World Series aspirations - October 5, 2014
- Angels postseason: 5 keys for the Halos to win the ALDS - September 29, 2014