- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
49ers vs. Packers: San Francisco OC Greg Roman’s stock rising
- Updated: January 12, 2013
After the San Francisco 49ers defeated the Green Bay Packers 44-31 on Saturday, offensive coordinator Greg Roman may be spending his last season on the sidelines.
The Niners were unstoppable in 60 minutes on the offensive side of the ball, thanks in part to Roman’s creative play calling and the dynamic, record-setting game by quarterback Colin Kaepernick. San Francisco netted 579 yards against Green Bay and Kaepernick had what was by far his best game as a professional in his playoff debut. He totaled 263 yards on 17-of-31 completed passes for two touchdowns and an interception. He was even more impressive on the ground, rushing for a quarterback record 181 yards and two touchdowns.
The second-year signal caller got all of the attention, but it was Roman who was pulling the strings, and NFL teams with head coaching vacancies are undoubtedly taking notice. The Jacksonville Jaguars and Chicago Bears appear to be potential landing spots for Roman, who has been at the center of the 49ers’ turnaround and development of both Alex Smith and Kaepernick.
Smith had his best season under Roman a year ago, and Kaepernick has emerged as an exciting playmaker.
Before joining Jim Harbaugh‘s staff in 2011, Roman was with the Carolina Panthers and has coached in the Houston Texans and Baltimore Ravens organizations.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015