- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
49ers vs. Packers: San Francisco OC Greg Roman’s stock rising
- Updated: January 12, 2013
After the San Francisco 49ers defeated the Green Bay Packers 44-31 on Saturday, offensive coordinator Greg Roman may be spending his last season on the sidelines.
The Niners were unstoppable in 60 minutes on the offensive side of the ball, thanks in part to Roman’s creative play calling and the dynamic, record-setting game by quarterback Colin Kaepernick. San Francisco netted 579 yards against Green Bay and Kaepernick had what was by far his best game as a professional in his playoff debut. He totaled 263 yards on 17-of-31 completed passes for two touchdowns and an interception. He was even more impressive on the ground, rushing for a quarterback record 181 yards and two touchdowns.
The second-year signal caller got all of the attention, but it was Roman who was pulling the strings, and NFL teams with head coaching vacancies are undoubtedly taking notice. The Jacksonville Jaguars and Chicago Bears appear to be potential landing spots for Roman, who has been at the center of the 49ers’ turnaround and development of both Alex Smith and Kaepernick.
Smith had his best season under Roman a year ago, and Kaepernick has emerged as an exciting playmaker.
Before joining Jim Harbaugh‘s staff in 2011, Roman was with the Carolina Panthers and has coached in the Houston Texans and Baltimore Ravens organizations.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014