- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Jim Mora, UCLA agree to terms on one-year contract extension
- Updated: January 11, 2013
UCLA Bruins head coach Jim Mora won’t be headed to the NFL following his first year in Westwood as the UCLA athletic department announced Friday that they signed him to a one-year extension that will be good through the 2017 season.
Mora, a Los Angeles native, coached the Bruins to a nine-win season in 2012 and a berth in the Pac-12 Championship Game as the Pac-12 South winners. Also of note was the fact that the Bruins defeated cross-town rival USC, after the Trojans won 12 of the previous 13 tilts. The extension suggests that Mora will be at the helm to oversee the development of the football program’s on-campus training facility.
Athletic director Dan Guerrero was particularly complimentary of the job Mora has done since taking the job last season. He expressed gratitude to Mora for improvement both on the field and off, saying that his student-athletes had mad particularly good strides in the community and in academics.
Mora expressed his commitment to the program after there were reports that he entertained a potential move to the NFL. It was reported that Mora had been in contact with the San Diego Chargers about the vacancy left after the Bolts fired head coach Norv Turner following the 2012 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014