- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
Jim Mora, UCLA agree to terms on one-year contract extension
- Updated: January 11, 2013
UCLA Bruins head coach Jim Mora won’t be headed to the NFL following his first year in Westwood as the UCLA athletic department announced Friday that they signed him to a one-year extension that will be good through the 2017 season.
Mora, a Los Angeles native, coached the Bruins to a nine-win season in 2012 and a berth in the Pac-12 Championship Game as the Pac-12 South winners. Also of note was the fact that the Bruins defeated cross-town rival USC, after the Trojans won 12 of the previous 13 tilts. The extension suggests that Mora will be at the helm to oversee the development of the football program’s on-campus training facility.
Athletic director Dan Guerrero was particularly complimentary of the job Mora has done since taking the job last season. He expressed gratitude to Mora for improvement both on the field and off, saying that his student-athletes had mad particularly good strides in the community and in academics.
Mora expressed his commitment to the program after there were reports that he entertained a potential move to the NFL. It was reported that Mora had been in contact with the San Diego Chargers about the vacancy left after the Bolts fired head coach Norv Turner following the 2012 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014