- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
Jim Mora, UCLA agree to terms on one-year contract extension
- Updated: January 11, 2013
UCLA Bruins head coach Jim Mora won’t be headed to the NFL following his first year in Westwood as the UCLA athletic department announced Friday that they signed him to a one-year extension that will be good through the 2017 season.
Mora, a Los Angeles native, coached the Bruins to a nine-win season in 2012 and a berth in the Pac-12 Championship Game as the Pac-12 South winners. Also of note was the fact that the Bruins defeated cross-town rival USC, after the Trojans won 12 of the previous 13 tilts. The extension suggests that Mora will be at the helm to oversee the development of the football program’s on-campus training facility.
Athletic director Dan Guerrero was particularly complimentary of the job Mora has done since taking the job last season. He expressed gratitude to Mora for improvement both on the field and off, saying that his student-athletes had mad particularly good strides in the community and in academics.
Mora expressed his commitment to the program after there were reports that he entertained a potential move to the NFL. It was reported that Mora had been in contact with the San Diego Chargers about the vacancy left after the Bolts fired head coach Norv Turner following the 2012 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014