- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Jim Mora, UCLA agree to terms on one-year contract extension
- Updated: January 11, 2013
UCLA Bruins head coach Jim Mora won’t be headed to the NFL following his first year in Westwood as the UCLA athletic department announced Friday that they signed him to a one-year extension that will be good through the 2017 season.
Mora, a Los Angeles native, coached the Bruins to a nine-win season in 2012 and a berth in the Pac-12 Championship Game as the Pac-12 South winners. Also of note was the fact that the Bruins defeated cross-town rival USC, after the Trojans won 12 of the previous 13 tilts. The extension suggests that Mora will be at the helm to oversee the development of the football program’s on-campus training facility.
Athletic director Dan Guerrero was particularly complimentary of the job Mora has done since taking the job last season. He expressed gratitude to Mora for improvement both on the field and off, saying that his student-athletes had mad particularly good strides in the community and in academics.
Mora expressed his commitment to the program after there were reports that he entertained a potential move to the NFL. It was reported that Mora had been in contact with the San Diego Chargers about the vacancy left after the Bolts fired head coach Norv Turner following the 2012 season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014