- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NHL lockout update: Ducks open 2012-13 season vs. Canucks
- Updated: January 10, 2013
Despite the official 48-game schedule not being released until the NHL players’ union ratifies the new collective bargaining agreement, sources told the Orange County Register that the Anaheim Ducks will begin their season on the road against the Vancouver Canucks.
The game is one of 13 that will take place on the NHL’s de facto opening night of Jan. 19 after a 113-day lockout delayed the start of the 2012-13 NHL season. The Ducks should open the schedule on the road because the earliest they can use the Honda Center is Jan. 23 when a DreamWorks show taking place Jan. 17-20 has the arena booked.
Anaheim finished 34-36-12 (80 points) in 2011-12 and was 5th in the Pacific Division. They were 24th out of 30 teams in goals scored with 204 and 20th in goals against. The franchise fired head coach Randy Carlyle after the team got off to 7-13-4 start last season. Bruce Boudreau then became the fastest coach in NHL history to be hired and then subsequently fired.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015