- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
NHL lockout update: Ducks open 2012-13 season vs. Canucks
- Updated: January 10, 2013
Despite the official 48-game schedule not being released until the NHL players’ union ratifies the new collective bargaining agreement, sources told the Orange County Register that the Anaheim Ducks will begin their season on the road against the Vancouver Canucks.
The game is one of 13 that will take place on the NHL’s de facto opening night of Jan. 19 after a 113-day lockout delayed the start of the 2012-13 NHL season. The Ducks should open the schedule on the road because the earliest they can use the Honda Center is Jan. 23 when a DreamWorks show taking place Jan. 17-20 has the arena booked.
Anaheim finished 34-36-12 (80 points) in 2011-12 and was 5th in the Pacific Division. They were 24th out of 30 teams in goals scored with 204 and 20th in goals against. The franchise fired head coach Randy Carlyle after the team got off to 7-13-4 start last season. Bruce Boudreau then became the fastest coach in NHL history to be hired and then subsequently fired.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015