- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
LaMarcus Aldridge injury update: Blazers’ F-C escapes broken wrist
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge dodged a major bullet on Tuesday as X-rays to his injured right shooting wrist came back negative, according to Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
Though he escaped a major injury in the form of a broken bone, the seventh year pro out of the University of Texas had an MRI that did in fact reveal a sprain to the same wrist. Despite the injury, he is still expected to play when Portland takes on the Miami Heat on Thursday.
This latest ailment is one of many that the 6-foot-11 big man has suffered throughout the course of the season. He’s had injuries to his back, chest, ankle and wrist as the Blazers have struggled to put together any consistency on the floor with their best player banged up. For the 2012-13 season, Aldridge is averaging 20.6 points, 8.4 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks per game.
Aldridge was named as a reserve to the 2012 NBA All-Star team for the first time in his career a season ago.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014