- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
LaMarcus Aldridge injury update: Blazers’ F-C escapes broken wrist
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge dodged a major bullet on Tuesday as X-rays to his injured right shooting wrist came back negative, according to Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
Though he escaped a major injury in the form of a broken bone, the seventh year pro out of the University of Texas had an MRI that did in fact reveal a sprain to the same wrist. Despite the injury, he is still expected to play when Portland takes on the Miami Heat on Thursday.
This latest ailment is one of many that the 6-foot-11 big man has suffered throughout the course of the season. He’s had injuries to his back, chest, ankle and wrist as the Blazers have struggled to put together any consistency on the floor with their best player banged up. For the 2012-13 season, Aldridge is averaging 20.6 points, 8.4 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks per game.
Aldridge was named as a reserve to the 2012 NBA All-Star team for the first time in his career a season ago.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015