- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
LaMarcus Aldridge injury update: Blazers’ F-C escapes broken wrist
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge dodged a major bullet on Tuesday as X-rays to his injured right shooting wrist came back negative, according to Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
Though he escaped a major injury in the form of a broken bone, the seventh year pro out of the University of Texas had an MRI that did in fact reveal a sprain to the same wrist. Despite the injury, he is still expected to play when Portland takes on the Miami Heat on Thursday.
This latest ailment is one of many that the 6-foot-11 big man has suffered throughout the course of the season. He’s had injuries to his back, chest, ankle and wrist as the Blazers have struggled to put together any consistency on the floor with their best player banged up. For the 2012-13 season, Aldridge is averaging 20.6 points, 8.4 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks per game.
Aldridge was named as a reserve to the 2012 NBA All-Star team for the first time in his career a season ago.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015