- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
LaMarcus Aldridge injury update: Blazers’ F-C escapes broken wrist
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge dodged a major bullet on Tuesday as X-rays to his injured right shooting wrist came back negative, according to Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
Though he escaped a major injury in the form of a broken bone, the seventh year pro out of the University of Texas had an MRI that did in fact reveal a sprain to the same wrist. Despite the injury, he is still expected to play when Portland takes on the Miami Heat on Thursday.
This latest ailment is one of many that the 6-foot-11 big man has suffered throughout the course of the season. He’s had injuries to his back, chest, ankle and wrist as the Blazers have struggled to put together any consistency on the floor with their best player banged up. For the 2012-13 season, Aldridge is averaging 20.6 points, 8.4 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks per game.
Aldridge was named as a reserve to the 2012 NBA All-Star team for the first time in his career a season ago.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015