- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
LaMarcus Aldridge injury update: Blazers’ F-C escapes broken wrist
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers big man LaMarcus Aldridge dodged a major bullet on Tuesday as X-rays to his injured right shooting wrist came back negative, according to Chris Haynes of Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
Though he escaped a major injury in the form of a broken bone, the seventh year pro out of the University of Texas had an MRI that did in fact reveal a sprain to the same wrist. Despite the injury, he is still expected to play when Portland takes on the Miami Heat on Thursday.
This latest ailment is one of many that the 6-foot-11 big man has suffered throughout the course of the season. He’s had injuries to his back, chest, ankle and wrist as the Blazers have struggled to put together any consistency on the floor with their best player banged up. For the 2012-13 season, Aldridge is averaging 20.6 points, 8.4 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks per game.
Aldridge was named as a reserve to the 2012 NBA All-Star team for the first time in his career a season ago.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014