- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Dwight Howard injury update: Lakers’ star has no tear in shoulder
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard does not have a tear in his labrum amidst rising fears that the superstar had suffered a serious injury.
Howard told Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register that his labrum is not actually torn and that only a bone is partially separated from the shoulder. While that doesn’t sound any better or less painful, it means that the fact that he’s sitting out is only a precaution. By all accounts, he should be ready to play as early as next week.
Howard went on to say that he feels much better after resting the shoulder and that doctors don’t want him to push too hard and risk a setback. The worst case scenario would be for the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year to actually tear the labrum and then have to undergo surgery. Although he and the team medical staff remain optimistic, there is no definite timetable set for his return.
The Lakers missed Howard on Tuesday night as they fell 125-112 to the Houston Rockets. They missed Howard’s inside presence, particularly in the third quarter when they were outscored 38-26.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015