- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Dwight Howard injury update: Lakers’ star has no tear in shoulder
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard does not have a tear in his labrum amidst rising fears that the superstar had suffered a serious injury.
Howard told Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register that his labrum is not actually torn and that only a bone is partially separated from the shoulder. While that doesn’t sound any better or less painful, it means that the fact that he’s sitting out is only a precaution. By all accounts, he should be ready to play as early as next week.
Howard went on to say that he feels much better after resting the shoulder and that doctors don’t want him to push too hard and risk a setback. The worst case scenario would be for the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year to actually tear the labrum and then have to undergo surgery. Although he and the team medical staff remain optimistic, there is no definite timetable set for his return.
The Lakers missed Howard on Tuesday night as they fell 125-112 to the Houston Rockets. They missed Howard’s inside presence, particularly in the third quarter when they were outscored 38-26.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015