- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Dwight Howard injury update: Lakers’ star has no tear in shoulder
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard does not have a tear in his labrum amidst rising fears that the superstar had suffered a serious injury.
Howard told Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register that his labrum is not actually torn and that only a bone is partially separated from the shoulder. While that doesn’t sound any better or less painful, it means that the fact that he’s sitting out is only a precaution. By all accounts, he should be ready to play as early as next week.
Howard went on to say that he feels much better after resting the shoulder and that doctors don’t want him to push too hard and risk a setback. The worst case scenario would be for the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year to actually tear the labrum and then have to undergo surgery. Although he and the team medical staff remain optimistic, there is no definite timetable set for his return.
The Lakers missed Howard on Tuesday night as they fell 125-112 to the Houston Rockets. They missed Howard’s inside presence, particularly in the third quarter when they were outscored 38-26.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014