- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
Dwight Howard injury update: Lakers’ star has no tear in shoulder
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard does not have a tear in his labrum amidst rising fears that the superstar had suffered a serious injury.
Howard told Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register that his labrum is not actually torn and that only a bone is partially separated from the shoulder. While that doesn’t sound any better or less painful, it means that the fact that he’s sitting out is only a precaution. By all accounts, he should be ready to play as early as next week.
Howard went on to say that he feels much better after resting the shoulder and that doctors don’t want him to push too hard and risk a setback. The worst case scenario would be for the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year to actually tear the labrum and then have to undergo surgery. Although he and the team medical staff remain optimistic, there is no definite timetable set for his return.
The Lakers missed Howard on Tuesday night as they fell 125-112 to the Houston Rockets. They missed Howard’s inside presence, particularly in the third quarter when they were outscored 38-26.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015