- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ big man likely to return Friday vs. Thunder
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol underwent concussion testing on Tuesday and appears likely to return to action on Friday vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
He will undergo a second test on Thursday and is expected to be cleared to play at that time barring a setback. He will miss the upcoming road trip on Tuesday and Wednesday vs. the Houston Rockets and San Antonio Spurs.
Gasol suffered a concussion during Sunday’s loss to the Denver Nuggets after taking an elbow to the head from JaVale McGee. He was forced out of the game in the fourth quarter with what appeared to be just a bloody nose, but was diagnosed with a concussion following the game. Rookie Robert Sacre will get the start at center while Gasol and fellow big man Dwight Howard are out with injury.
The Spaniard has struggled to find his way in head coach Mike D’Antoni’s new system, finding himself with the ball outside of the low block more often, away from his comfort zone in the low post. In 25 games in 2012-13, Gasol has averaged 12.2 points and 8.4 rebounds, well below his career averages of 18.5 and 9.2.
For more NBA insight, follow Sports Out West on Twitter: @SportsWestCoast
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014