- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ big man likely to return Friday vs. Thunder
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol underwent concussion testing on Tuesday and appears likely to return to action on Friday vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
He will undergo a second test on Thursday and is expected to be cleared to play at that time barring a setback. He will miss the upcoming road trip on Tuesday and Wednesday vs. the Houston Rockets and San Antonio Spurs.
Gasol suffered a concussion during Sunday’s loss to the Denver Nuggets after taking an elbow to the head from JaVale McGee. He was forced out of the game in the fourth quarter with what appeared to be just a bloody nose, but was diagnosed with a concussion following the game. Rookie Robert Sacre will get the start at center while Gasol and fellow big man Dwight Howard are out with injury.
The Spaniard has struggled to find his way in head coach Mike D’Antoni’s new system, finding himself with the ball outside of the low block more often, away from his comfort zone in the low post. In 25 games in 2012-13, Gasol has averaged 12.2 points and 8.4 rebounds, well below his career averages of 18.5 and 9.2.
For more NBA insight, follow Sports Out West on Twitter: @SportsWestCoast
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015