- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers’ big man likely to return Friday vs. Thunder
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol underwent concussion testing on Tuesday and appears likely to return to action on Friday vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
He will undergo a second test on Thursday and is expected to be cleared to play at that time barring a setback. He will miss the upcoming road trip on Tuesday and Wednesday vs. the Houston Rockets and San Antonio Spurs.
Gasol suffered a concussion during Sunday’s loss to the Denver Nuggets after taking an elbow to the head from JaVale McGee. He was forced out of the game in the fourth quarter with what appeared to be just a bloody nose, but was diagnosed with a concussion following the game. Rookie Robert Sacre will get the start at center while Gasol and fellow big man Dwight Howard are out with injury.
The Spaniard has struggled to find his way in head coach Mike D’Antoni’s new system, finding himself with the ball outside of the low block more often, away from his comfort zone in the low post. In 25 games in 2012-13, Gasol has averaged 12.2 points and 8.4 rebounds, well below his career averages of 18.5 and 9.2.
For more NBA insight, follow Sports Out West on Twitter: @SportsWestCoast
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014