- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Lakers’ rookie Robert Sacre to start Tuesday vs. Rockets
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers rookie Robert Sacre was recalled from the team’s D-League affiliate Los Angeles Defenders and will make the first start of his NBA career vs. the Houston Rockets on Tuesday night, reports Mike Trudell of Lakers.com.
The move and subsequent decision to start Sacre comes in the wake of injuries to three key frontcourt players. Dwight Howard, Jordan Hill and Pau Gasol each sustained significant injuries that will keep them out of action through at least the two-game road trip set to begin Tuesday. Howard suffered a torn labrum and is out indefinitely while Gasol suffered a concussion and is under the same uncertain status. Hill injured his hip and has a partial muscle tear and will miss at least one week.
All players will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis by the Lakers’ medical staff.
The litany of injuries are a devastating blow to Los Angeles, who is in the midst of a three-game losing streak and stands at 15-18. They are the current No. 11 spot in the Western Conference playoff picture and are looking up at the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers in the Pacific Division.
Sacre has appeared in 13 games for the Lakers this season, scoring seven points and grabbing eight rebounds in 55 total minutes of action. The Gonzaga product selected with the 30th pick in the second round of the 2012 NBA Draft.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015