- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Lakers’ rookie Robert Sacre to start Tuesday vs. Rockets
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers rookie Robert Sacre was recalled from the team’s D-League affiliate Los Angeles Defenders and will make the first start of his NBA career vs. the Houston Rockets on Tuesday night, reports Mike Trudell of Lakers.com.
The move and subsequent decision to start Sacre comes in the wake of injuries to three key frontcourt players. Dwight Howard, Jordan Hill and Pau Gasol each sustained significant injuries that will keep them out of action through at least the two-game road trip set to begin Tuesday. Howard suffered a torn labrum and is out indefinitely while Gasol suffered a concussion and is under the same uncertain status. Hill injured his hip and has a partial muscle tear and will miss at least one week.
All players will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis by the Lakers’ medical staff.
The litany of injuries are a devastating blow to Los Angeles, who is in the midst of a three-game losing streak and stands at 15-18. They are the current No. 11 spot in the Western Conference playoff picture and are looking up at the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers in the Pacific Division.
Sacre has appeared in 13 games for the Lakers this season, scoring seven points and grabbing eight rebounds in 55 total minutes of action. The Gonzaga product selected with the 30th pick in the second round of the 2012 NBA Draft.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014