- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Lakers’ rookie Robert Sacre to start Tuesday vs. Rockets
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers rookie Robert Sacre was recalled from the team’s D-League affiliate Los Angeles Defenders and will make the first start of his NBA career vs. the Houston Rockets on Tuesday night, reports Mike Trudell of Lakers.com.
The move and subsequent decision to start Sacre comes in the wake of injuries to three key frontcourt players. Dwight Howard, Jordan Hill and Pau Gasol each sustained significant injuries that will keep them out of action through at least the two-game road trip set to begin Tuesday. Howard suffered a torn labrum and is out indefinitely while Gasol suffered a concussion and is under the same uncertain status. Hill injured his hip and has a partial muscle tear and will miss at least one week.
All players will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis by the Lakers’ medical staff.
The litany of injuries are a devastating blow to Los Angeles, who is in the midst of a three-game losing streak and stands at 15-18. They are the current No. 11 spot in the Western Conference playoff picture and are looking up at the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers in the Pacific Division.
Sacre has appeared in 13 games for the Lakers this season, scoring seven points and grabbing eight rebounds in 55 total minutes of action. The Gonzaga product selected with the 30th pick in the second round of the 2012 NBA Draft.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015