- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
MLB rumors: Freddy Sanchez reportedly on 20 teams’ radar
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Former San Francisco Giants infielder Freddy Sanchez is drawing wide interest across Major League Baseball, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick.
Inquiries on the right-handed hitting Hollywood native have grown considerably recently according to his agent, Paul Cobbe. The report states that roughly 20 teams have asked for Sanchez’s medical records. Cobbe went on to state that his client is healthy and ready once again for MLB action after missing the entire 2012 season with shoulder and back injuries that required surgery.
Sanchez last played on June 10, 2011 when he dislocated his shoulder diving for a ground ball against the Cincinnati Reds. The Giants announced on August 1 that he would have season-ending surgery. He has only played in instructional league games as a designated hitter since then.
Signing him would be risky considering the severity of his injuries, but he could find a fit on a team this season, potentially in the American League given the DH position, with a non-guaranteed contract.
He made $6 million in 2012, the last year of a one-year deal and is an unrestricted free agent as of 2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015