- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
MLB rumors: Freddy Sanchez reportedly on 20 teams’ radar
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Former San Francisco Giants infielder Freddy Sanchez is drawing wide interest across Major League Baseball, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick.
Inquiries on the right-handed hitting Hollywood native have grown considerably recently according to his agent, Paul Cobbe. The report states that roughly 20 teams have asked for Sanchez’s medical records. Cobbe went on to state that his client is healthy and ready once again for MLB action after missing the entire 2012 season with shoulder and back injuries that required surgery.
Sanchez last played on June 10, 2011 when he dislocated his shoulder diving for a ground ball against the Cincinnati Reds. The Giants announced on August 1 that he would have season-ending surgery. He has only played in instructional league games as a designated hitter since then.
Signing him would be risky considering the severity of his injuries, but he could find a fit on a team this season, potentially in the American League given the DH position, with a non-guaranteed contract.
He made $6 million in 2012, the last year of a one-year deal and is an unrestricted free agent as of 2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015
- Video: Jonny Gomes pitches hilarious ninth inning vs. Yankees - September 1, 2015