- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
MLB rumors: Freddy Sanchez reportedly on 20 teams’ radar
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Former San Francisco Giants infielder Freddy Sanchez is drawing wide interest across Major League Baseball, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick.
Inquiries on the right-handed hitting Hollywood native have grown considerably recently according to his agent, Paul Cobbe. The report states that roughly 20 teams have asked for Sanchez’s medical records. Cobbe went on to state that his client is healthy and ready once again for MLB action after missing the entire 2012 season with shoulder and back injuries that required surgery.
Sanchez last played on June 10, 2011 when he dislocated his shoulder diving for a ground ball against the Cincinnati Reds. The Giants announced on August 1 that he would have season-ending surgery. He has only played in instructional league games as a designated hitter since then.
Signing him would be risky considering the severity of his injuries, but he could find a fit on a team this season, potentially in the American League given the DH position, with a non-guaranteed contract.
He made $6 million in 2012, the last year of a one-year deal and is an unrestricted free agent as of 2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014