- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
MLB rumors: Freddy Sanchez reportedly on 20 teams’ radar
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Former San Francisco Giants infielder Freddy Sanchez is drawing wide interest across Major League Baseball, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick.
Inquiries on the right-handed hitting Hollywood native have grown considerably recently according to his agent, Paul Cobbe. The report states that roughly 20 teams have asked for Sanchez’s medical records. Cobbe went on to state that his client is healthy and ready once again for MLB action after missing the entire 2012 season with shoulder and back injuries that required surgery.
Sanchez last played on June 10, 2011 when he dislocated his shoulder diving for a ground ball against the Cincinnati Reds. The Giants announced on August 1 that he would have season-ending surgery. He has only played in instructional league games as a designated hitter since then.
Signing him would be risky considering the severity of his injuries, but he could find a fit on a team this season, potentially in the American League given the DH position, with a non-guaranteed contract.
He made $6 million in 2012, the last year of a one-year deal and is an unrestricted free agent as of 2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014