- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
MLB rumors: Freddy Sanchez reportedly on 20 teams’ radar
- Updated: January 8, 2013
Former San Francisco Giants infielder Freddy Sanchez is drawing wide interest across Major League Baseball, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick.
Inquiries on the right-handed hitting Hollywood native have grown considerably recently according to his agent, Paul Cobbe. The report states that roughly 20 teams have asked for Sanchez’s medical records. Cobbe went on to state that his client is healthy and ready once again for MLB action after missing the entire 2012 season with shoulder and back injuries that required surgery.
Sanchez last played on June 10, 2011 when he dislocated his shoulder diving for a ground ball against the Cincinnati Reds. The Giants announced on August 1 that he would have season-ending surgery. He has only played in instructional league games as a designated hitter since then.
Signing him would be risky considering the severity of his injuries, but he could find a fit on a team this season, potentially in the American League given the DH position, with a non-guaranteed contract.
He made $6 million in 2012, the last year of a one-year deal and is an unrestricted free agent as of 2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed - March 11, 2014
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014