- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Seahawks injury report: Chris Clemons’ season over with torn ACL, meniscus
- Updated: January 7, 2013
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons will miss the remainder of the NFL playoffs with what is being reported as a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus.
#Seahawks DE Chris Clemons does have a torn ACL & meniscus, I’m told. Appointment with Dr. James Andrews Monday. Swelling not bad at least
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 7, 2013
Clemons suffered the injury in the 24-14 victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday during the NFC Wild Card game. Clemons was a big part of Seattle’s top-ranked defense that came on strong to end the 2012 season. Rookie first-round pick Bruce Irvin will have to step in and try to fill the void left by Clemons, who is signed through 2014. Clemons finished the year with 11.5 sacks. The Seahakws were ranked No. 1 in total defense, allowing just 15.3 points per game.
Dr. James Andrews is one of the most renowned orthopedic surgeons in the United States, frequently operating on some of the sports world’s most notable athletes. He’s performed many operations ranging from ACL reconstruction to Tommy John surgery and is based in Birmingham, Ala.
Michael Jones is the Editor of Sports Out West. Contact him on Twitter @MikeJonesTweets
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014