- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Seahawks injury report: Chris Clemons’ season over with torn ACL, meniscus
- Updated: January 7, 2013
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons will miss the remainder of the NFL playoffs with what is being reported as a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus.
#Seahawks DE Chris Clemons does have a torn ACL & meniscus, I’m told. Appointment with Dr. James Andrews Monday. Swelling not bad at least
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 7, 2013
Clemons suffered the injury in the 24-14 victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday during the NFC Wild Card game. Clemons was a big part of Seattle’s top-ranked defense that came on strong to end the 2012 season. Rookie first-round pick Bruce Irvin will have to step in and try to fill the void left by Clemons, who is signed through 2014. Clemons finished the year with 11.5 sacks. The Seahakws were ranked No. 1 in total defense, allowing just 15.3 points per game.
Dr. James Andrews is one of the most renowned orthopedic surgeons in the United States, frequently operating on some of the sports world’s most notable athletes. He’s performed many operations ranging from ACL reconstruction to Tommy John surgery and is based in Birmingham, Ala.
Michael Jones is the Editor of Sports Out West. Contact him on Twitter @MikeJonesTweets
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015