- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
Chip Kelly prefers Oregon over NFL
- Updated: January 7, 2013
University of Oregon head coach Chip Kelly has decided to return to the Oregon sidelines, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Kelly has once again turned down the NFL and specifically, the Philadelphia Eagles and Cleveland Browns for a chance to coach one of the nation’s elite football programs.
The Eagles have turned their focus to offensive coordinator Mike McCoy of the Denver Broncos.
The offensive genius has lead Oregon to a 46-7 record during his tenure and in all four season’s has taken the Ducks to a BCS bowl game. The style of his offense has made its way into the NFL with teams like the Washington and New England using similar schemes.
Oregon’s Athletic Director Rob Mullens is very pleased with Kelly’s decision to return to Oregon. Mullens was asked by reporters whether Oregon booster and Nike boss Phil Knight played a role in Kelly returning, “I’ll say this,” he said, “There were numerous reports about a lot things, and as we sit here today a lot of them were inaccurate.”
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- ALDS 2014: What went wrong in the Angels’ 0-3 debacle? - October 12, 2014
- Angels top-3 threats to derailing World Series aspirations - October 5, 2014
- Angels postseason: 5 keys for the Halos to win the ALDS - September 29, 2014