- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Chip Kelly prefers Oregon over NFL
- Updated: January 7, 2013
University of Oregon head coach Chip Kelly has decided to return to the Oregon sidelines, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Kelly has once again turned down the NFL and specifically, the Philadelphia Eagles and Cleveland Browns for a chance to coach one of the nation’s elite football programs.
The Eagles have turned their focus to offensive coordinator Mike McCoy of the Denver Broncos.
The offensive genius has lead Oregon to a 46-7 record during his tenure and in all four season’s has taken the Ducks to a BCS bowl game. The style of his offense has made its way into the NFL with teams like the Washington and New England using similar schemes.
Oregon’s Athletic Director Rob Mullens is very pleased with Kelly’s decision to return to Oregon. Mullens was asked by reporters whether Oregon booster and Nike boss Phil Knight played a role in Kelly returning, “I’ll say this,” he said, “There were numerous reports about a lot things, and as we sit here today a lot of them were inaccurate.”
Robert W. Ekberg is a staff writer for SportsOutWest and Los Angeles Area-based sports journalist. Follow him on twitter @Robek24
Latest posts by Robert Ekberg (see all)
- ALDS 2014: What went wrong in the Angels’ 0-3 debacle? - October 12, 2014
- Angels top-3 threats to derailing World Series aspirations - October 5, 2014
- Angels postseason: 5 keys for the Halos to win the ALDS - September 29, 2014