- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
NHL Lockout ends: Sharks open vs. Calgary Flames
- Updated: January 6, 2013
With the NHL Lockout appearing to come to an end, the San Jose Sharks would open their season on Jan. 15 against the Calgary Flames.
The NHL and NHLPA have reached a tentative agreement to end the lockout, and a deal could be finalized as soon as Tuesday. This comes after more than half the season was cancelled. The Sharks are back again. There have been many meetings and fall-outs, but now there is a glimpse of hope. The NHL and NHLPA have until as early as Tuesday to accept the deal and we could be seeing hockey as early as Jan. 15. This is unbelievable news as both sides were far apart for a majority of the meetings. It was just up until about ten days ago the NHL and NHLPA met again and talks seemed to finally gain ground.
The NHL avoids being locked out twice in the last ten years for a full season. The league has been the laughing stock of professional sports for the last few months, and now it is time for change.
The NHL is back, hopefully not leaving anytime soon.
Latest posts by Maxim Garshman (see all)
- Chargers vs. Broncos Preview - October 23, 2014
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts - October 21, 2014
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20 - October 20, 2014