- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
NHL Lockout ends: Sharks open vs. Calgary Flames
- Updated: January 6, 2013
With the NHL Lockout appearing to come to an end, the San Jose Sharks would open their season on Jan. 15 against the Calgary Flames.
The NHL and NHLPA have reached a tentative agreement to end the lockout, and a deal could be finalized as soon as Tuesday. This comes after more than half the season was cancelled. The Sharks are back again. There have been many meetings and fall-outs, but now there is a glimpse of hope. The NHL and NHLPA have until as early as Tuesday to accept the deal and we could be seeing hockey as early as Jan. 15. This is unbelievable news as both sides were far apart for a majority of the meetings. It was just up until about ten days ago the NHL and NHLPA met again and talks seemed to finally gain ground.
The NHL avoids being locked out twice in the last ten years for a full season. The league has been the laughing stock of professional sports for the last few months, and now it is time for change.
The NHL is back, hopefully not leaving anytime soon.
Latest posts by Maxim Garshman (see all)
- Chargers News: Melvin Gordon arrives in San Diego - May 2, 2015
- Warriors News: Steve Kerr praises Game 4 effort as Warriors’ best - April 27, 2015
- NFL News: Chargers, Raiders and Rams scheduled to update NFL on stadiums April 22 - April 17, 2015