- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NHL Lockout ends: Sharks open vs. Calgary Flames
- Updated: January 6, 2013
With the NHL Lockout appearing to come to an end, the San Jose Sharks would open their season on Jan. 15 against the Calgary Flames.
The NHL and NHLPA have reached a tentative agreement to end the lockout, and a deal could be finalized as soon as Tuesday. This comes after more than half the season was cancelled. The Sharks are back again. There have been many meetings and fall-outs, but now there is a glimpse of hope. The NHL and NHLPA have until as early as Tuesday to accept the deal and we could be seeing hockey as early as Jan. 15. This is unbelievable news as both sides were far apart for a majority of the meetings. It was just up until about ten days ago the NHL and NHLPA met again and talks seemed to finally gain ground.
The NHL avoids being locked out twice in the last ten years for a full season. The league has been the laughing stock of professional sports for the last few months, and now it is time for change.
The NHL is back, hopefully not leaving anytime soon.
Latest posts by Maxim Garshman (see all)
- Chargers top needs this offseason - January 23, 2015
- Broncos vs. Chargers rivalry takes on new meaning Sunday - December 11, 2014
- Chargers News: Bolts’ stagnant offense gives Patriots 23-14 victory - December 8, 2014