- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Kobe Bryant creates verified Twitter account
- Updated: January 4, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers superstar guard Kobe Bryant has created an official Twitter account. The account, @kobebryant, is verified and appeared to be created on Friday.
The antisocial has become social #mambatweets
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) January 4, 2013
Bryant recently took over Nike’s official Twitter feed and had a blast doing it. Apparently, he wanted more. Bryant has been active on social media, regularly posting to his Facebook page to interact with fans. But Arash Markazi of ESPN Los Angeles offered this little bit of information via his own Twitter feed:
I teased Kobe for being old because he chose Facebook over Twitter and Instagram. He said he’d reconsider. Looks like he has.
— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) January 4, 2013
Fans are excited, and as of 9:45 a.m. PT, Bryant already has over 47,000 followers. Let’s see how quickly that number grows. More Mamba reax:
GREAT NEWS: Kobe Bryant is officially on Twitter! (@kobebryant). Everyone follow!
— Kobe Bryant Fans™(@Team_KB24) January 4, 2013
Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) is now on twitter. Based on his shooting rate, expect him to tweet every 10 seconds.
— NOT SportsCenter (@NOTSportsCenter) January 4, 2013
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 4, 2013
It’s the second time he’s created a Twitter account, so let’s hope that he’s going to let this one stick. If he pulls a Tiger Woods and Tweets once every leap year, then it won’t be too exciting, but if he treats it like his Facebook page and really engages fans, it’s going to be a lot of fun for all.
Away we go.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015