- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Kobe Bryant creates verified Twitter account
- Updated: January 4, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers superstar guard Kobe Bryant has created an official Twitter account. The account, @kobebryant, is verified and appeared to be created on Friday.
The antisocial has become social #mambatweets
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) January 4, 2013
Bryant recently took over Nike’s official Twitter feed and had a blast doing it. Apparently, he wanted more. Bryant has been active on social media, regularly posting to his Facebook page to interact with fans. But Arash Markazi of ESPN Los Angeles offered this little bit of information via his own Twitter feed:
I teased Kobe for being old because he chose Facebook over Twitter and Instagram. He said he’d reconsider. Looks like he has.
— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) January 4, 2013
Fans are excited, and as of 9:45 a.m. PT, Bryant already has over 47,000 followers. Let’s see how quickly that number grows. More Mamba reax:
GREAT NEWS: Kobe Bryant is officially on Twitter! (@kobebryant). Everyone follow!
— Kobe Bryant Fans™(@Team_KB24) January 4, 2013
Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) is now on twitter. Based on his shooting rate, expect him to tweet every 10 seconds.
— NOT SportsCenter (@NOTSportsCenter) January 4, 2013
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 4, 2013
It’s the second time he’s created a Twitter account, so let’s hope that he’s going to let this one stick. If he pulls a Tiger Woods and Tweets once every leap year, then it won’t be too exciting, but if he treats it like his Facebook page and really engages fans, it’s going to be a lot of fun for all.
Away we go.