- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Kobe Bryant creates verified Twitter account
- Updated: January 4, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers superstar guard Kobe Bryant has created an official Twitter account. The account, @kobebryant, is verified and appeared to be created on Friday.
The antisocial has become social #mambatweets
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) January 4, 2013
Bryant recently took over Nike’s official Twitter feed and had a blast doing it. Apparently, he wanted more. Bryant has been active on social media, regularly posting to his Facebook page to interact with fans. But Arash Markazi of ESPN Los Angeles offered this little bit of information via his own Twitter feed:
I teased Kobe for being old because he chose Facebook over Twitter and Instagram. He said he’d reconsider. Looks like he has.
— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) January 4, 2013
Fans are excited, and as of 9:45 a.m. PT, Bryant already has over 47,000 followers. Let’s see how quickly that number grows. More Mamba reax:
GREAT NEWS: Kobe Bryant is officially on Twitter! (@kobebryant). Everyone follow!
— Kobe Bryant Fans™(@Team_KB24) January 4, 2013
Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) is now on twitter. Based on his shooting rate, expect him to tweet every 10 seconds.
— NOT SportsCenter (@NOTSportsCenter) January 4, 2013
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 4, 2013
It’s the second time he’s created a Twitter account, so let’s hope that he’s going to let this one stick. If he pulls a Tiger Woods and Tweets once every leap year, then it won’t be too exciting, but if he treats it like his Facebook page and really engages fans, it’s going to be a lot of fun for all.
Away we go.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015