- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
SDSU keeps dominating California with 72-56 win over USD
- Updated: December 16, 2012
The San Diego State Aztecs took care of business on Saturday night like they were supposed to in defeating the University of San Diego Toreros, 72-56 on Saturday night at Viejas Arena.
The Aztecs made quick work of the Toreros, who never led in the second half, and took the de facto San Diego city championship with relative ease. There was little doubt that SDSU would have any issue with the young squad from just across Interstate 15.
Jamaal Franklin extended his double figure scoring streak to 30 games, which is the third-longest active streak nationally.
With the win, the Aztecs continued their dominance of California, reaching a mark of 28 straight victories against teams from the Golden State. Of those wins, the victory against the UCLA Bruins on Dec. 2 during the Wooden Classic stands as the most significant due to the stakes and the fact that the Bruins have a highly-touted recruiting class thought to be among the best in the nation.
The Aztecs will have the opportunity to extend their California streak to 29 games as they take on Point Loma Nazarene University on Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports San Diego.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014