- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
SDSU keeps dominating California with 72-56 win over USD
- Updated: December 16, 2012
The San Diego State Aztecs took care of business on Saturday night like they were supposed to in defeating the University of San Diego Toreros, 72-56 on Saturday night at Viejas Arena.
The Aztecs made quick work of the Toreros, who never led in the second half, and took the de facto San Diego city championship with relative ease. There was little doubt that SDSU would have any issue with the young squad from just across Interstate 15.
Jamaal Franklin extended his double figure scoring streak to 30 games, which is the third-longest active streak nationally.
With the win, the Aztecs continued their dominance of California, reaching a mark of 28 straight victories against teams from the Golden State. Of those wins, the victory against the UCLA Bruins on Dec. 2 during the Wooden Classic stands as the most significant due to the stakes and the fact that the Bruins have a highly-touted recruiting class thought to be among the best in the nation.
The Aztecs will have the opportunity to extend their California streak to 29 games as they take on Point Loma Nazarene University on Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports San Diego.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014