- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
SDSU keeps dominating California with 72-56 win over USD
- Updated: December 16, 2012
The San Diego State Aztecs took care of business on Saturday night like they were supposed to in defeating the University of San Diego Toreros, 72-56 on Saturday night at Viejas Arena.
The Aztecs made quick work of the Toreros, who never led in the second half, and took the de facto San Diego city championship with relative ease. There was little doubt that SDSU would have any issue with the young squad from just across Interstate 15.
Jamaal Franklin extended his double figure scoring streak to 30 games, which is the third-longest active streak nationally.
With the win, the Aztecs continued their dominance of California, reaching a mark of 28 straight victories against teams from the Golden State. Of those wins, the victory against the UCLA Bruins on Dec. 2 during the Wooden Classic stands as the most significant due to the stakes and the fact that the Bruins have a highly-touted recruiting class thought to be among the best in the nation.
The Aztecs will have the opportunity to extend their California streak to 29 games as they take on Point Loma Nazarene University on Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports San Diego.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015