- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
SDSU keeps dominating California with 72-56 win over USD
- Updated: December 16, 2012
The San Diego State Aztecs took care of business on Saturday night like they were supposed to in defeating the University of San Diego Toreros, 72-56 on Saturday night at Viejas Arena.
The Aztecs made quick work of the Toreros, who never led in the second half, and took the de facto San Diego city championship with relative ease. There was little doubt that SDSU would have any issue with the young squad from just across Interstate 15.
Jamaal Franklin extended his double figure scoring streak to 30 games, which is the third-longest active streak nationally.
With the win, the Aztecs continued their dominance of California, reaching a mark of 28 straight victories against teams from the Golden State. Of those wins, the victory against the UCLA Bruins on Dec. 2 during the Wooden Classic stands as the most significant due to the stakes and the fact that the Bruins have a highly-touted recruiting class thought to be among the best in the nation.
The Aztecs will have the opportunity to extend their California streak to 29 games as they take on Point Loma Nazarene University on Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports San Diego.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014