- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Dwight Howard made a 3 vs. Denver because he practices them (video)
- Updated: December 1, 2012
We managed to get a glimpse of the Los Angeles Lakers’ post-practice shootaround on Thursday as the team prepared to face the Denver Nuggets on Friday night at Staples Center. What we saw was Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol practicing threes in Howard’s self-proclaimed favorite spot, the corner. He quipped after the game as only he could, “If you need a three, give it to me.”
Well said, big man.
Apparently, practice makes perfect — Howard made just the second three-pointer of his career on Friday night after 34 career attempts. He’s 1-for-1 this season as he found his rhythm in the midst of being caught up in the moment of a Lakers’ 3-point barrage in a 122-103 rout of the Denver Nuggets. The Lakers shot 17-for-33 from the arc for a 51.5 percent mark, notching season-highs in 3-pointers made and points scored.
Here’s exclusive video of Howard practicing to perfect his outside shot:
We’re guessing fans would much rather see this extra work go toward free throw shooting (Howard was 3-of-9 from the charity stripe on Friday and 47 percent on the year)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014