- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
Dwight Howard made a 3 vs. Denver because he practices them (video)
- Updated: December 1, 2012
We managed to get a glimpse of the Los Angeles Lakers’ post-practice shootaround on Thursday as the team prepared to face the Denver Nuggets on Friday night at Staples Center. What we saw was Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol practicing threes in Howard’s self-proclaimed favorite spot, the corner. He quipped after the game as only he could, “If you need a three, give it to me.”
Well said, big man.
Apparently, practice makes perfect — Howard made just the second three-pointer of his career on Friday night after 34 career attempts. He’s 1-for-1 this season as he found his rhythm in the midst of being caught up in the moment of a Lakers’ 3-point barrage in a 122-103 rout of the Denver Nuggets. The Lakers shot 17-for-33 from the arc for a 51.5 percent mark, notching season-highs in 3-pointers made and points scored.
Here’s exclusive video of Howard practicing to perfect his outside shot:
We’re guessing fans would much rather see this extra work go toward free throw shooting (Howard was 3-of-9 from the charity stripe on Friday and 47 percent on the year)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates - December 11, 2013
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A. - December 11, 2013
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013