- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Dwight Howard made a 3 vs. Denver because he practices them (video)
- Updated: December 1, 2012
We managed to get a glimpse of the Los Angeles Lakers’ post-practice shootaround on Thursday as the team prepared to face the Denver Nuggets on Friday night at Staples Center. What we saw was Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol practicing threes in Howard’s self-proclaimed favorite spot, the corner. He quipped after the game as only he could, “If you need a three, give it to me.”
Well said, big man.
Apparently, practice makes perfect — Howard made just the second three-pointer of his career on Friday night after 34 career attempts. He’s 1-for-1 this season as he found his rhythm in the midst of being caught up in the moment of a Lakers’ 3-point barrage in a 122-103 rout of the Denver Nuggets. The Lakers shot 17-for-33 from the arc for a 51.5 percent mark, notching season-highs in 3-pointers made and points scored.
Here’s exclusive video of Howard practicing to perfect his outside shot:
We’re guessing fans would much rather see this extra work go toward free throw shooting (Howard was 3-of-9 from the charity stripe on Friday and 47 percent on the year)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015