- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Dwight Howard made a 3 vs. Denver because he practices them (video)
- Updated: December 1, 2012
We managed to get a glimpse of the Los Angeles Lakers’ post-practice shootaround on Thursday as the team prepared to face the Denver Nuggets on Friday night at Staples Center. What we saw was Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol practicing threes in Howard’s self-proclaimed favorite spot, the corner. He quipped after the game as only he could, “If you need a three, give it to me.”
Well said, big man.
Apparently, practice makes perfect — Howard made just the second three-pointer of his career on Friday night after 34 career attempts. He’s 1-for-1 this season as he found his rhythm in the midst of being caught up in the moment of a Lakers’ 3-point barrage in a 122-103 rout of the Denver Nuggets. The Lakers shot 17-for-33 from the arc for a 51.5 percent mark, notching season-highs in 3-pointers made and points scored.
Here’s exclusive video of Howard practicing to perfect his outside shot:
We’re guessing fans would much rather see this extra work go toward free throw shooting (Howard was 3-of-9 from the charity stripe on Friday and 47 percent on the year)
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015