- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
Raiders suspend Rolando McClain for poor conduct
- Updated: November 30, 2012
After venting his frustrations on social media, Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain was suspended on Friday for conduct detrimental to the team, according to Fox Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer:
Raiders players tell me McClain was informed this morning and they believe the suspension was for more than just this week
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) November 30, 2012
The news comes after McClain went on a social media tirade about his troubles with the team. He posted on his Facebook and Twitter pages that he was cut by the Raiders and was just waiting for his paperwork to be completed, also stating that he was mentally disengaged. The third year pro out of the University of Alabama has started nine out of 11 games in 2012 after starting all but one game over the course of his first two seasons.
Prior to the social media incident, he was believed to be falling out of favor with the team, and this latest behavior will make it easy for them to part ways with him. In 41 career games, all with the Raiders, McClain has registered 6.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, one safety and 175 tackles.
Update: Head coach Dennis Allen has announced that the suspension will last for two games.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014