- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Raiders suspend Rolando McClain for poor conduct
- Updated: November 30, 2012
After venting his frustrations on social media, Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain was suspended on Friday for conduct detrimental to the team, according to Fox Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer:
Raiders players tell me McClain was informed this morning and they believe the suspension was for more than just this week
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) November 30, 2012
The news comes after McClain went on a social media tirade about his troubles with the team. He posted on his Facebook and Twitter pages that he was cut by the Raiders and was just waiting for his paperwork to be completed, also stating that he was mentally disengaged. The third year pro out of the University of Alabama has started nine out of 11 games in 2012 after starting all but one game over the course of his first two seasons.
Prior to the social media incident, he was believed to be falling out of favor with the team, and this latest behavior will make it easy for them to part ways with him. In 41 career games, all with the Raiders, McClain has registered 6.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, one safety and 175 tackles.
Update: Head coach Dennis Allen has announced that the suspension will last for two games.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015