- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Raiders suspend Rolando McClain for poor conduct
- Updated: November 30, 2012
After venting his frustrations on social media, Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain was suspended on Friday for conduct detrimental to the team, according to Fox Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer:
Raiders players tell me McClain was informed this morning and they believe the suspension was for more than just this week
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) November 30, 2012
The news comes after McClain went on a social media tirade about his troubles with the team. He posted on his Facebook and Twitter pages that he was cut by the Raiders and was just waiting for his paperwork to be completed, also stating that he was mentally disengaged. The third year pro out of the University of Alabama has started nine out of 11 games in 2012 after starting all but one game over the course of his first two seasons.
Prior to the social media incident, he was believed to be falling out of favor with the team, and this latest behavior will make it easy for them to part ways with him. In 41 career games, all with the Raiders, McClain has registered 6.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, one safety and 175 tackles.
Update: Head coach Dennis Allen has announced that the suspension will last for two games.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014