- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Raiders suspend Rolando McClain for poor conduct
- Updated: November 30, 2012
After venting his frustrations on social media, Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain was suspended on Friday for conduct detrimental to the team, according to Fox Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer:
Raiders players tell me McClain was informed this morning and they believe the suspension was for more than just this week
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) November 30, 2012
The news comes after McClain went on a social media tirade about his troubles with the team. He posted on his Facebook and Twitter pages that he was cut by the Raiders and was just waiting for his paperwork to be completed, also stating that he was mentally disengaged. The third year pro out of the University of Alabama has started nine out of 11 games in 2012 after starting all but one game over the course of his first two seasons.
Prior to the social media incident, he was believed to be falling out of favor with the team, and this latest behavior will make it easy for them to part ways with him. In 41 career games, all with the Raiders, McClain has registered 6.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, one safety and 175 tackles.
Update: Head coach Dennis Allen has announced that the suspension will last for two games.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015