- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
2012 World Series: Giants Up 3-0 Behind Ryan Vogelsong, Relief Pitching Gem
- Updated: October 27, 2012
The San Francisco Giants have the Detroit Tigers reeling following a solid pitching performance by Ryan Vogelsong as San Francisco prevailed in Game 3 of the 2012 World Series, 2-0 at Comerica Park on Saturday night.
The right hander pitched 5 2/3 innings, allowed five hits, walked four and struck out three in the winning effort. Tim Lincecum got the hold for the Giants, striking out three in 2 1/3 innings. Sergio Romo collected the save in a perfect ninth inning.
San Francisco would do all of their damage in the top of the second inning. Left fielder Gregor Blanco opened up the scoring with a one-out, RBI triple to center field. Two batters later, shortstop Brandon Crawford hit a line drive single to center that would score Blanco and give the Giants a 2-0 lead that they wouldn’t relinquish.
Third baseman and resident Panda Pablo Sandoval continued his outstanding run, going 2-for-4 with a double, bumping his series average to an astronomical .636.
Detroit managed just five hits on the evening, all of which came off the starter Vogelsong. They were led by second baseman Omar Infante, who collected two hits , going 2-for-4 in the contest.
The momentum is now all San Francisco’s, and with just one more game, they’ll secure their second World Series title in three years.
Follow Sports Out West on Twitter @SportsWestCoast
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014