- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
The History of MMA In Pictures (InfoGraphic)
- Updated: October 22, 2012
Our friends over at Havoc Store put together this neat little infographic about the history of MMA. For those of you who are new to the sport or want to get caught up in a relatively short amount of time, this is an innovative and very practical tool to get you up to speed.
Beginning in an unheralded octagon in Denver, the sport came from humble beginnings before it became the monster that it’s known as today. Inside, you’ll find interesting facts, figures and relevant numbers that put the whole phenomenon of mixed martial arts into perspective. Once you read through the information presented, you’ll have an entirely new sense of appreciation for the roots of one of the United States’ fastest growing sports.
Big hat tip to the author and creator of the unique set of graphics, Mr. John Rushworth and all of the folks at Havoc Store — cheers!
For more MMA news, be sure to check the Sports Out West MMA hub frequently. Enjoy!
Michael C. Jones is the Editor of Sports Out West and covers mixed martial arts. You can follow him on Twitter @MikeJonesTweets.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014