- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
The History of MMA In Pictures (InfoGraphic)
- Updated: October 22, 2012
Our friends over at Havoc Store put together this neat little infographic about the history of MMA. For those of you who are new to the sport or want to get caught up in a relatively short amount of time, this is an innovative and very practical tool to get you up to speed.
Beginning in an unheralded octagon in Denver, the sport came from humble beginnings before it became the monster that it’s known as today. Inside, you’ll find interesting facts, figures and relevant numbers that put the whole phenomenon of mixed martial arts into perspective. Once you read through the information presented, you’ll have an entirely new sense of appreciation for the roots of one of the United States’ fastest growing sports.
Big hat tip to the author and creator of the unique set of graphics, Mr. John Rushworth and all of the folks at Havoc Store — cheers!
For more MMA news, be sure to check the Sports Out West MMA hub frequently. Enjoy!
Michael C. Jones is the Editor of Sports Out West and covers mixed martial arts. You can follow him on Twitter @MikeJonesTweets.