- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
The History of MMA In Pictures (InfoGraphic)
- Updated: October 22, 2012
Our friends over at Havoc Store put together this neat little infographic about the history of MMA. For those of you who are new to the sport or want to get caught up in a relatively short amount of time, this is an innovative and very practical tool to get you up to speed.
Beginning in an unheralded octagon in Denver, the sport came from humble beginnings before it became the monster that it’s known as today. Inside, you’ll find interesting facts, figures and relevant numbers that put the whole phenomenon of mixed martial arts into perspective. Once you read through the information presented, you’ll have an entirely new sense of appreciation for the roots of one of the United States’ fastest growing sports.
Big hat tip to the author and creator of the unique set of graphics, Mr. John Rushworth and all of the folks at Havoc Store — cheers!
For more MMA news, be sure to check the Sports Out West MMA hub frequently. Enjoy!
Michael C. Jones is the Editor of Sports Out West and covers mixed martial arts. You can follow him on Twitter @MikeJonesTweets.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014