- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
The History of MMA In Pictures (InfoGraphic)
- Updated: October 22, 2012
Our friends over at Havoc Store put together this neat little infographic about the history of MMA. For those of you who are new to the sport or want to get caught up in a relatively short amount of time, this is an innovative and very practical tool to get you up to speed.
Beginning in an unheralded octagon in Denver, the sport came from humble beginnings before it became the monster that it’s known as today. Inside, you’ll find interesting facts, figures and relevant numbers that put the whole phenomenon of mixed martial arts into perspective. Once you read through the information presented, you’ll have an entirely new sense of appreciation for the roots of one of the United States’ fastest growing sports.
Big hat tip to the author and creator of the unique set of graphics, Mr. John Rushworth and all of the folks at Havoc Store — cheers!
For more MMA news, be sure to check the Sports Out West MMA hub frequently. Enjoy!
Michael C. Jones is the Editor of Sports Out West and covers mixed martial arts. You can follow him on Twitter @MikeJonesTweets.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014