- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Los Angeles Lakers Season Preview: Look What Darius Johnson-Odom Can Do
- Updated: September 22, 2012
The Los Angeles Lakers signed Darius Johnson-Odom in September — the team needed to get younger and more athletic, so having a guy that can do this will only help the team in its constant battle to keep up with the young guns in the Western Conference.
Johnson-Odom was the Lakers’ 2012 second round draft pick, which the team acquired from the Dallas Mavericks. He could pan out to be just what the doctor ordered for a team that was labeled as old and un-athletic during the 2011-2012 season.
Simply put, Johnson-Odom can fly, and he’ll be a lot more exciting to watch than the last Odom that wore a Lakers uniform — and that’s not a slight to Lamar. This kid can out jump everyone on the floor and brings some tangible skills along with him. Think of him as Shannon Brown 2.0 with potential to be better.
Here’s a preview of what the 6-foot-2 high flyer out of Marquette will bring to the table off the bench in 2012-2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015