- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
Los Angeles Lakers Season Preview: Look What Darius Johnson-Odom Can Do
- Updated: September 22, 2012
The Los Angeles Lakers signed Darius Johnson-Odom in September — the team needed to get younger and more athletic, so having a guy that can do this will only help the team in its constant battle to keep up with the young guns in the Western Conference.
Johnson-Odom was the Lakers’ 2012 second round draft pick, which the team acquired from the Dallas Mavericks. He could pan out to be just what the doctor ordered for a team that was labeled as old and un-athletic during the 2011-2012 season.
Simply put, Johnson-Odom can fly, and he’ll be a lot more exciting to watch than the last Odom that wore a Lakers uniform — and that’s not a slight to Lamar. This kid can out jump everyone on the floor and brings some tangible skills along with him. Think of him as Shannon Brown 2.0 with potential to be better.
Here’s a preview of what the 6-foot-2 high flyer out of Marquette will bring to the table off the bench in 2012-2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014