- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
Los Angeles Lakers Season Preview: Look What Darius Johnson-Odom Can Do
- Updated: September 22, 2012
The Los Angeles Lakers signed Darius Johnson-Odom in September — the team needed to get younger and more athletic, so having a guy that can do this will only help the team in its constant battle to keep up with the young guns in the Western Conference.
Johnson-Odom was the Lakers’ 2012 second round draft pick, which the team acquired from the Dallas Mavericks. He could pan out to be just what the doctor ordered for a team that was labeled as old and un-athletic during the 2011-2012 season.
Simply put, Johnson-Odom can fly, and he’ll be a lot more exciting to watch than the last Odom that wore a Lakers uniform — and that’s not a slight to Lamar. This kid can out jump everyone on the floor and brings some tangible skills along with him. Think of him as Shannon Brown 2.0 with potential to be better.
Here’s a preview of what the 6-foot-2 high flyer out of Marquette will bring to the table off the bench in 2012-2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014