- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Los Angeles Lakers Season Preview: Look What Darius Johnson-Odom Can Do
- Updated: September 22, 2012
The Los Angeles Lakers signed Darius Johnson-Odom in September — the team needed to get younger and more athletic, so having a guy that can do this will only help the team in its constant battle to keep up with the young guns in the Western Conference.
Johnson-Odom was the Lakers’ 2012 second round draft pick, which the team acquired from the Dallas Mavericks. He could pan out to be just what the doctor ordered for a team that was labeled as old and un-athletic during the 2011-2012 season.
Simply put, Johnson-Odom can fly, and he’ll be a lot more exciting to watch than the last Odom that wore a Lakers uniform — and that’s not a slight to Lamar. This kid can out jump everyone on the floor and brings some tangible skills along with him. Think of him as Shannon Brown 2.0 with potential to be better.
Here’s a preview of what the 6-foot-2 high flyer out of Marquette will bring to the table off the bench in 2012-2013.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014